British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2025

27 minutes ago, Technik said:

I think Heeps will move on. I don't think Jody Scott is quite ready to start at this level, He has shown some talent since coming in as a replacment for Atkins but another season at NDL with guest rides in the CL will be better for his progress IMO.

There is a young Aussie currently riding in Poland Michael West that I feel will be a steal for the CL & maybe the new Czech sensation Adam Bednar I understand he is linked with the Dryml family so with their links with Oxford might steer him in that direction.

Can’t see Bednar being interest in GB.

• Like 1

Killen confirmed

Boughen confirmed

Nicholls surely

Scott will be one of the better riders starting on a 2pt average of any new riders coming up from the NDL(obviously Cairns will be the exception)

Jenkins highly likely

Masters seems to really enjoy riding alongside Nicholls, would be shocked if he moved on

Then see what's left to play with.

43 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Dillon has recently shipped all his UK equipment home to USA.  Not planning a return.  Not that this will prevent posters naming him in their suggested squads for the next five months....

Let’s see if his ‘not planning a return’ philosophy holds up if he gets a call and is offered a full season in the UK. I can understand him not wanting to do it if he gets a call mid-season, but it would be hard to say no if he’s in from the start. 

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Dillon has recently shipped all his UK equipment home to USA.  Not planning a return.  Not that this will prevent posters naming him in their suggested squads for the next five months....

He has shipped it all back to sell over there as he will get more money back and maybe put that back into new equipment for next season 

8 minutes ago, mac101 said:

He has shipped it all back to sell over there as he will get more money back and maybe put that back into new equipment for next season 

I don't even think he's ridden Stateside since a hand injury in April.

18 hours ago, Weeyin said:

I very much doubt Sam Masters would ever be at Glasgow, more likely to be at Edinburgh

14 hours ago, Gazc said:

If and its a big if he is heading North Edinburgh is a more realistic destination, There would be no way we could fit him in beside Bomber on the suggested 38 limit.

berwick?

13 hours ago, Technik said:

I think Heeps will move on. I don't think Jody Scott is quite ready to start at this level, He has shown some talent since coming in as a replacment for Atkins but another season at NDL with guest rides in the CL will be better for his progress IMO.

There is a young Aussie currently riding in Poland Michael West that I feel will be a steal for the CL & maybe the new Czech sensation Adam Bednar I understand he is linked with the Dryml family so with their links with Oxford might steer him in that direction.

Who would you have at reserve instead of Scott? While he may not score lots of points doesn't mean there will be any stronger 2.00 options available.

One thing Oxford have shown is their willingness to give youngsters team spots in all their sides.

12 hours ago, Hilly said:

Killen confirmed

Boughen confirmed

Nicholls surely

Scott will be one of the better riders starting on a 2pt average of any new riders coming up from the NDL(obviously Cairns will be the exception)

Jenkins highly likely

Masters seems to really enjoy riding alongside Nicholls, would be shocked if he moved on

Then see what's left to play with.

If it's a 40 point limit Dan Gilkes fits as 7th rider. If it's a 38 limit then Ben Trigger or Ace Pijper?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Who would you have at reserve instead of Scott? While he may not score lots of points doesn't mean there will be any stronger 2.00 options available.

One thing Oxford have shown is their willingness to give youngsters team spots in all their sides.

I don't know who would fit in at reserve.

My statement was purely regarding the personal development of Jody Scott. I don't want him to loose faith by trailing around at the back in CL match's. He needs to learn how to win races how to pass others & improve his starting.

Oxford have overseen the development of many riders in the last 3 seasons & it has been a pleasure to watch them improve. However their rise is going to be overtime not overnight. which is why IMO Scott would be best taking guest bookings at CL level at the start of the season & continue honing his skill set in NDL 

All that said a lot depends on the points limit & weather or not Oxford need to track a 2.00 rider at reserve or a rider on a higher average 

Edited by Technik
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Technik said:

I don't know who would fit in at reserve.

My statement was purely regarding the personal development of Jody Scott. I don't want him to loose faith by trailing around at the back in CL match's. He needs to learn how to win races how to pass others & improve his starting.

Oxford have overseen the development of many riders in the last 3 seasons & it has been a pleasure to watch them improve. However their rise is going to be overtime not overnight. which is why IMO Scott would be best taking guest bookings at CL level at the start of the season & continue honing his skill set in NDL 

All that said a lot depends on the points limit & weather or not Oxford need to track a 2.00 rider at reserve or a rider on a higher average

You talk a lot of sense, however I think Scott will be one of the strongest 2.00 riders next year, so these worries won't come into fruition. All the reasons you gave are why Archie Freeman shouldn't have been Newcastle's reserve years ago, rather than a top NDL rider imo.

Biggest downside of Scott remaining in the NDL & picking up Champ guest bookings is the lack of fixtures in the third tier.

• Like 1

If it's a 40.00 limit then you won't get many teams better than this in the Championship if any.

Two massive hitters with bags of experience plus 4 PREM reserves who've all got improvement left in them, No journeyman.

1. Masters

2. Boughen

3. Jenkins

4. Gilkes

5. Nicholls

6. Killeen

7. Scott

= 39.85

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TTT said:

If it's a 40.00 limit then you won't get many teams better than this in the Championship if any.

Two massive hitters with bags of experience plus 4 PREM reserves who've all got improvement left in them, No journeyman.

1. Masters

2. Boughen

3. Jenkins

4. Gilkes

5. Nicholls

6. Killeen

7. Scott

= 39.85

Your pulling these teams out this morning lol,I would say that looks spot on I’m guessing Gilkes has a fair chance of being at Oxford going from his performances and a straight choice between Heeps and Jenkins which based on performance this season is close but overall as a rider I’d go with Jenkins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

1. Masters

2. Boughen

3. Jenkins

4. Gilkes

5. Nicholls

6. Killeen

7. Scott

= 39.85

But what if its 38 point limit?