British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2025

Thoughts on the Oxford Cheetahs team for 2025?

They may have reached the Playoff and KO Cup finals, but feels like there could be a few changes for next season. Ashton Boughen has left the Spires, and lots of rumours of him going to Glasgow. Will Scott Nicholls carry on? Is Cameron Heeps past his best (he's had a great season, but little chance of him improving his average)?

Luke Killeen has already signed, and Sam Masters and Jordan Jenkins are pretty much nailed on to stay I would have thought. Dan Gilkes seems like another potential candidate seeing as he seems to like it at Oxford.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

Nicholls will surely be back. Peter Schroeck has already said Scott has a job for life at Oxford as long as he wants it, and I haven't heard any murmurings of a retirement on the horizon. Yes he crashed last night (and hope he's okay), but he's otherwise still thoroughly enjoying it as far as I know.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

By all accounts, Masters is leaving and heading up north. The strong rumours over the last few weeks have been Glasgow bound, certainly north. 

Likewise, it seems like Heeps may well be off given his lap of honour last night very much seemed like a farewell. 

JJ I'd imagine will stay, and Killeen is now a permanent fixture at Oxford which I'm delighted about. I genuinely feel he's got a higher ceiling than Boughen.

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Thoughts on the Oxford Cheetahs team for 2025?

They may have reached the Playoff and KO Cup finals, but feels like there could be a few changes for next season. Ashton Boughen has left the Spires, and lots of rumours of him going to Glasgow. Will Scott Nicholls carry on? Is Cameron Heeps past his best (he's had a great season, but little chance of him improving his average)?

Luke Killeen has already signed, and Sam Masters and Jordan Jenkins are pretty much nailed on to stay I would have thought. Dan Gilkes seems like another potential candidate seeing as he seems to like it at Oxford.

15 minutes ago, SandyLaner said:

By all accounts, Masters is leaving and heading up north. The strong rumours over the last few weeks have been Glasgow bound, certainly north. 

Likewise, it seems like Heeps may well be off given his lap of honour last night very much seemed like a farewell. 

JJ I'd imagine will stay, and Killeen is now a permanent fixture at Oxford which I'm delighted about. I genuinely feel he's got a higher ceiling than Boughen.

How many riders are Glasgow signing for 2025? It seems that Uncle Tom Cobley and all are rumoured to be signing for them!! They can only (initially) sign 7 (always presuming it's 7 man teams, of course!!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StevePark said:

How many riders are Glasgow signing for 2025? It seems that Uncle Tom Cobley and all are rumoured to be signing for them!! They can only (initially) sign 7 (always presuming it's 7 man teams, of course!!).

It’s 7 man teams for everyone else……..14 for Glasgow…….they found another loophole in the rule book……lol