British Speedway Forum

All 7 Rising Stars announced - Friday 18 October

18 minutes ago, ouch said:

Brown envelopes have clearly changed hands especially in the Jenkins/Ipswich case. They’ve put their argument forward (better terms £££) and been given commercial reasons to “poach” him even though he wasn’t a rising star this year, but can be now he’s sign for Ipswich. 

Completely incorrect.

1) Ipswich wasn't Jordan's first choice.
2) In the end Jordan didn't have an option NOT to be a rising star. If he was picked - as he was - he had to be in the scheme.

5 minutes ago, Aries said:

I’m not sure this is the case. Arch works for him or close family so he’ll know. It’s true Tru picked up the sponsorship for a discount from Sackers when they stopped sponsorship. 

There’s an awful lot of myths written on here regarding Guy and it’s frustrating to read. Despite popular belief, he hasn’t a clue who Louis is signing or who he intends to chase (if he did I’d know the full line up every year before it was announced!), he doesn’t “do the deals” contact riders or stump up extra cash if Louis asks him to help get a superstar over. He pays his sponsorship money every winter, and that’s his involvement over lock stock and barrel. Chris Louis does everything at the club, everything. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Protection was taken on their 2024 Rising Stars by the following clubs:

Belle Vue – Jake Mulford

Leicester – Sam Hagon

Oxford – Luke Killeen

I can understand those decisions

The remaining Rising Star selections for 2025 were made in the following order:

Birmingham – Jason Edwards

King’s Lynn – Ashton Boughen

Ipswich – Jordan Jenkins

Sheffield – Leon Flint

Bit surprised with first pick of the remaining riders Birmingham went for Edwards. Probably even more surprised Flint was last pick.

Seems obvious to me you don't get first pick etc.At the last home meeting at Lynn the two riders who Lynn wanted as a rising star was either Flint or Jenkins and we have neither.

for me the RS system needs to be scrapped, the list is getting weaker and weaker every year, 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2