British Speedway Forum

Stadium Admission Prices

Here we are again, some have revisited entry pricing. I've heard also on the AGM agenda is another £2 increase for 2025.

So, £24/£25 for Premiership, £22/£23 for Championship. 

While chatting they said these prices are set by the BSPL & individual clubs are not allowed to set their own entrance prices more or less than £2.

This seems outrageous to me and surely against trading law? If an owner is happy to take losses, why not allow them to charge what they want?

For years now many say Speedway in the UK is a £10 sport, and it's probably right but global inflation costs would probably put it to £15 maybe?

Just sitting here thinking radical ideas and the only one I can come up with is this. Is a 💡 moment?

Set the price across both Premiership & Championship the same at £15. No OAP concessions U18s & Full Time Students free.

At the stadium entrance / exit a one tap donation card reader accepts £5.

Would clubs find it easier to get 500 - 700 extra spectators at £15?

Would spectators be willing to donate at the £5 terminal?

Any other genuine ideas out their to increase the numbers on the terraces?

10 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

The OAP discount needs to be abolished.

Pensioners are an incredibly rich generation.

Well according to LIEbour's own internal report the ending of the Winter Fuel allowance will kill off around 4000 of 'em.  Then again it's cheaper than the Tory option of using Midazolam.  As for incredibly rich generation?

522368264_6th-pension.jpg

• Like 1

Don’t see crowd levels rising in significant numbers nowadays whatever they charge.Streaming and BSN seem to be the way forward to generate more income .Fuel and travel costs make it more unaffordable to a lot of fans.Climate plays apart too,fans prefer to stay away if dodgy weather nowadays.(or at least I do).

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t see crowd levels rising in significant numbers nowadays whatever they charge.Streaming and BSN seem to be the way forward to generate more income .Fuel and travel costs make it more unaffordable to a lot of fans.Climate plays apart too,fans prefer to stay away if dodgy weather nowadays.(or at least I do).

That's a fair point & 100% agree. The death of Speedway as a stadium spectator sport has been long & slow.

So are we at the point in the UK where all tracks need permanent cameras & every meeting can be watched from the comfort of the sofa?

I'd pay £20 / £25 a month for King's Lynn home & away fixtures. Stadiums then remain accessible for spectators at £15.

A 2 fold income stream would be better than just the £25 trackside in this generation, would it not??

BSN could become what Eurosports was & meant to be before Discovery destroyed it.

Every meeting Live online of my club would be the dream

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's a fair point & 100% agree. The death of Speedway as a stadium spectator sport has been long & slow.

So are we at the point in the UK where all tracks need permanent cameras & every meeting can be watched from the comfort of the sofa?

I'd pay £20 / £25 a month for King's Lynn home & away fixtures. Stadiums then remain accessible for spectators at £15.

A 2 fold income stream would be better than just the £25 trackside in this generation, would it not??

BSN could become what Eurosports was & meant to be before Discovery destroyed it.

Every meeting Live online of my club would be the dream

You can’t beat being at the match live but let’s be honest numbers are not increasing at live matches and just putting up admission prices up won’t really help.All this what you pay to watch or see something else is just nonsense.Value for money is what matters.Other bike sport are thriving but the circumstances are different.There is lack of atmosphere at the most matches these day probably due to crowd levels.Matches is Poland are probably no better at times but the crowd levels and atmosphere are something else.

4 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

The OAP discount needs to be abolished.

Pensioners are an incredibly rich generation.

I wonder if you would say that if you were one (Pensioner). I somehow doubt it.

It is largely PENSIONERS who are keeping Speedway going in this country and have done for years.

Some Pensioners ARE rich, however, a hell of a lot aren't. You need to think about that.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

I wonder if you would say that if you were one (Pensioner). I somehow doubt it.

It is largely PENSIONERS who are keeping Speedway going in this country and have done for years.

Some Pensioners ARE rich, however, a hell of a lot aren't. You need to think about that.

Think it's fair to say that if you're a pensioner & poor, it's not likely they're attending Speedway anyway.

If you are already attending Speedway, you can manage an extra £2.