British Speedway Forum

Poole V Oxford. KO Cup Final. 16/17 October 2024

24 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Your welcome to donate, but has it been endorsed by Poole Speedway?

And if you donate you are giving your money to 'anonymous Poole fan' - for all we know that could be 'lucifersam' and he's planning to give all your Poole pennies to Luke and Jody.

Luke and jody have got well over 3k donated by Oxford fans foord is barely over £400 from Poole fans.

27 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Your welcome to donate, but has it been endorsed by Poole Speedway?

And if you donate you are giving your money to 'anonymous Poole fan' - for all we know that could be 'lucifersam' and he's planning to give all your Poole pennies to Luke and Jody.

I'm happy to donate to all 3 tbf, it is only Oxford fans that have their little hate club going on. 

1 hour ago, LisaColette said:

Friday pretty similar. Light rain most of the day as well. Saturday is a better forecast (if stadium is available - have no idea about any potential football clashes either!:unsure:

Bournemouth v Arsenal at 5.30pm. I will be there as will be many regular Pirate fans.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Not a great weather forecast for Poole on Wednesday.  Always a risk with these early winter meetings.

As for the result , think Winnie Fooord won it last week by taking out 2 Oxford riders. Seems he has literally KO'd Killeen out of the KO Cup. 😞 

So a hollow Poole victory is on the cards ...assuming they can find a dry Wednesday befor the end of October.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Not a great weather forecast for Poole on Wednesday.  Always a risk with these early winter meetings.

As for the result , think Winnie Fooord won it last week by taking out 2 Oxford riders. Seems he has literally KO'd Killeen out of the KO Cup. 😞 

So a hollow Poole victory is on the cards ...assuming they can find a dry Wednesday befor the end of October.

11 hours ago, LisaColette said:

Friday pretty similar. Light rain most of the day as well. Saturday is a better forecast (if stadium is available - have no idea about any potential football clashes either!:unsure:

It's not about stadium availability on Saturdays, it about staff availability with many of Poole's stadium staff employed elsewhere eg stewards at AFC Bournemouth etc.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TapesRup said:

Terrible choice of guest replacements for Killeen Scott and Roynon. Poole will walk both legs.

Scott is not in the named 7 so there is no reason to find a guest for him. And while there are alternatives I struggle to see any that are significantly better - please enlighten me.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Scott is not in the named 7 so there is no reason to find a guest for him. And while there are alternatives I struggle to see any that are significantly better - please enlighten me.

Well jack smith is a total waste, never gonna improve. I find it hard to not believe there are not better choices out there. I know we are short of top class riders but surely not reserves also are we.

Edited by Youhave2minutes

33 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Yet you can't name any!

I don’t know riders averages but the team managers do. That’s there job, all I say is I’m not impressed who they chose if they want to stand a chance against Poole. 

Edited by Youhave2minutes

16 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

The trouble is Killeen's average is only 3.95. 

If Poole let Oxford use a rider up to 5, Poole win by 20 on aggregate instead of 30, but would probably make for better racing over the 2 legs.

Can't happen but can only see a very one sided final.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SteveLyric2 said:

It's not about stadium availability on Saturdays, it about staff availability with many of Poole's stadium staff employed elsewhere eg stewards at AFC Bournemouth etc.....

In any case it won't be Sunday as Tom Brennan is in Lonigo in the Euro Pairs final!!

Edited by SteveLyric2

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Most of the junior riders have either sold/ packed away their equipment for 2024, and taken up thier winter jobs. Doubt a  ride at Wimborne Road to be knocked off by Foord is a very attractive early winter fixture ? 

I thought riders were contracted to 31st October each year?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

I thought riders were contracted to 31st October each year?

Might be so Steve Lyric2 - but with clubs finishing their official fixtures some time in  September.... they aren't going to have to accept a gust booking whether or not they "are in contract"..... whatever that means in the murky world of speedway.