British Speedway Forum

Poole V Oxford. KO Cup Final. 16/17 October 2024

9 hours ago, Bojangles said:

So, just to clarify.... are you saying Lambert is an improvement on Nicholls, or not? Because I read your 'he [Lambert] got 12 last year, double what Nicholls did in the play off final' as quite different to foreverblue's 'He [Lambert] will give his best but Scott Nicholls he isn't'. So which point are you trying to make, because I'm obviously 'not reading it properly'?

23 hours ago, LisaColette said:

No. But he got 12 last year, double what Nicholls did in the play off final (in an easier position I grant you). Shame Luke isn't feeling fit enough to be riding as it could be close on the night on his normal Poole form.

Next time I'll try not to be positive about a guest situation. :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, LisaColette said:

I'm taking track conditions into account as he is good when Poole track is wet like last season ko cup final how is that weird? Everytime he been with Scunny this season it been dry. 

18 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Lisa is disliked on here anymore than any other Poole fan and less than most! I thought that she was trying to say that he did well last season on a track that was a bit damp and Simon lambert adapted to it very well and was almost unbeatable. He will give his best but Scott Nicholls he isn't, even if the had Robert Lambert they still wouldn't overturn a 24 point deficit.

All pretty similar points and FB knew what I meant. Just you that didn't.

3 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Jason Edwards now guesting for Heeps who is on paternity leave.m What a joke, 5 guests!!!

Well it’s not Oxford turning up then. So Poole v Championship select.😁

So not only a meaningless meeting but an unnecessary one

Edited by Youhave2minutes

49 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

All pretty similar points and FB knew what I meant. Just you that didn't.

I think we've crossed wires here. I wasn't talking about Simon Lambert's performances in isolation, I was talking about you comparing him to Scott Nicholls (and Nicholls when the track was dry). Anyway, let's draw a line under it as I don't think we're going to agree, and look forward to tonight instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I think we've crossed wires here. I wasn't talking about Simon Lambert's performances in isolation, I was talking about you comparing him to Scott Nicholls (and Nicholls when the track was dry). Anyway, let's draw a line under it as I don't think we're going to agree, and look forward to tonight instead.

Yes cuz if there’s any fighting I may need to step in😂

• Haha 1