British Speedway Forum

Poole V Oxford. KO Cup Final. 16/17 October 2024

10 hours ago, LisaColette said:

Good interview I thought, especially when they freeze framed a couple of the bits during H8 so he could explain what was happening, as watching it live it happens so fast it is easy to miss it. 

Everyone has been giving him so much stick it's great to see him interview like this. He does acknowledge that he crashes and falls alot. One post on the Lions FB page has Vinnie riding and everyone commented on how he would hit the air fence and he took like a champ. I'm sure the Oxford fans aren't getting to him one bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

Everyone has been giving him so much stick it's great to see him interview like this. He does acknowledge that he crashes and falls alot. One post on the Lions FB page has Vinnie riding and everyone commented on how he would hit the air fence and he took like a champ. I'm sure the Oxford fans aren't getting to him one bit. 

They clearly are if he felt the need to react like he did after taking out Luke Killeen. An ambulance was literally on the way to the track.

7 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Confirmed that Luke Killeen is out. Ben Trigger guesting at Poole, Connor Coles at Oxford.

That’s a shame. Would have liked a repeat of this weeks final. Trigger knows his way around Wimborne Road but doesn’t yet have the clout Killeen would have bought if fit. No idea how Coles goes at Oxford.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s a shame. Would have liked a repeat of this weeks final. Trigger knows his way around Wimborne Road but doesn’t yet have the clout Killeen would have bought if fit. No idea how Coles goes at Oxford.

Surprised it doesn’t make them stronger in the world of shovlar.

15 hours ago, LisaColette said:

Good interview I thought, especially when they freeze framed a couple of the bits during H8 so he could explain what was happening, as watching it live it happens so fast it is easy to miss it. 

Yes the freeze frame parts made the incidents alot easier to understand, I was at the apex of 1/2 and in h8 you could see there was an issue long before they ploughed into the corner but didn't really know what had happened. The interview made me alot more sympathetic to our Vinnie, because I have had my doubts about his riding skill, although never his commitment. 

Also think it's a shame not to be competing against a full Oxford team, but that's speedway I guess. Mind you beware of the wounded beast! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Foord injured both Oxford reserves on Wednesday - Jody Scott also ruled out next week.

Jack Smith guesting for Killeen in both legs. Scott is no longer the guest for Adam Roynon. It's now Ben Trigger at Poole and Connor Coles at Oxford.

Killen was already carrying an injury that was made worse by 2 falls.

2nd fall causing Medics to withdraw him.

31 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

That's not really true. The damage was done in the first fall on Wednesday. He slid off in Heat 6 because of what happened in Heat 2. Speak to Luke, he can confirm that.  

Says Killen withdrawn due to concussion 12 day inactvity.

So surely that has to be after 2nd fall?

2 hours ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Very weak now. It’s all over for the cheetahs 

Maybe in your view however I think these two meetings have plenty to offer especially if the Cheetah’s can stay in touch after Wednesday. Pirates will undoubtedly have to prepare to be met with a hostile home fan base and a team desperate to sign off in style and will need all of Ford and Middleditch’s experience to keep them calm, focused and on task. I’m favouring Poole, but only just. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Maybe in your view however I think these two meetings have plenty to offer especially if the Cheetah’s can stay in touch after Wednesday. Pirates will undoubtedly have to prepare to be met with a hostile home fan base and a team desperate to sign off in style and will need all of Ford and Middleditch’s experience to keep them calm, focused and on task. I’m favouring Poole, but only just. 

It will be a Poole win this time at Oxford now Killeen isn’t riding.

• Like 1