British Speedway Forum

Poole V Oxford. KO Cup Final. 16/17 October 2024

12 hours ago, LisaColette said:

If Simon brings his KO cup final form from last season could be interesting! Thought Luke might have been given the all clear. 

Interesting? In what sense? Are you seriously suggesting Lambert (as a replacement for Nicholls, don't forget) is going to help Oxford get close to a 24-point away win?

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

Interesting? In what sense? Are you seriously suggesting Lambert (as a replacement for Nicholls, don't forget) is going to help Oxford get close to a 24-point away win?

No. But he got 12 last year, double what Nicholls did in the play off final (in an easier position I grant you). Shame Luke isn't feeling fit enough to be riding as it could be close on the night on his normal Poole form.

Next time I'll try not to be positive about a guest situation. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, LisaColette said:

No. But he got 12 last year, double what Nicholls did in the play off final (in an easier position I grant you). Shame Luke isn't feeling fit enough to be riding as it could be close on the night on his normal Poole form.

So you chose to focus on this, and not his three visits to Poole this season? Weird! There's being positive, and then there's being deluded!

Poole will win with ease tomorrow.

1 hour ago, LisaColette said:

I see they've put him in at 2. Presumably to nullify Poole's major threat in Sam Hagon!!?🤣🏴‍☠️🏁☀️🏆🏆🏆

34 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

I see they've put him in at 2. Presumably to nullify Poole's major threat in Sam Hagon!!?🤣🏴‍☠️🏁☀️🏆🏆🏆

Call yourself a fan? Typical deluded statement with no thought for anyone.

1 hour ago, SteveLyric2 said:

And Heeps at 5 who has always been pretty average at Poole. To be honest Oxford have been very unlucky with their injuries coming at the wrong time and they will do well to get 30.                 

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

So you chose to focus on this, and not his three visits to Poole this season? Weird! There's being positive, and then there's being deluded!

Poole will win with ease tomorrow.

I'm taking track conditions into account as he is good when Poole track is wet like last season ko cup final how is that weird? Everytime he been with Scunny this season it been dry. 

Edited by LisaColette

25 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

I'm taking track conditions into account as he is good when Poole track is wet like last season ko cup final how is that weird? Everytime he been with Scunny this season it been dry. 

Certainly different machinery/tuning this season compared to 2023.

57 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

So - by your logic - we need to compare Lambert like-for-like on a wet track from two years ago (I'm sure nothing has changed in two years, right?), but we have to compare Lambert to Nicholls when he scored six on a dry track? You're making less sense each post! Let's not forget you started this by saying Lambert's inclusion as a guest will make it interesting!

Anyway, I guess time will tell. I'll remind you of your original post when Poole win by 20+ points. Maybe Lambert will perform a miracle.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

So - by your logic - we need to compare Lambert like-for-like on a wet track from two years ago (I'm sure nothing has changed in two years, right?), but we have to compare Lambert to Nicholls when he scored six on a dry track? You're making less sense each post! Let's not forget you started this by saying Lambert's inclusion as a guest will make it interesting!

Anyway, I guess time will tell. I'll remind you of your original post when Poole win by 20+ points. Maybe Lambert will perform a miracle.

The ability of some Poole fans to not accept when they've said something stupid baffles me. They will argue it to the ends of the earth. I know a lot of them are usually on the wind up, but I think this one was serious! 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

The ability of some Poole fans to not accept when they've said something stupid baffles me. They will argue it to the ends of the earth. I know a lot of them are usually on the wind up, but I think this one was serious! 

Hmm, got you to stop going after Vinnie though :t:

23 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

It was last year actually, not 2 years ago!! lol. You are really basing a lot on the word interesting. It will be interesting because he could get anything between 5 and 12. So I will be interested to see what he gets. You might not be that interested though. 

5 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

It was last year actually, not 2 years ago!! lol. You are really basing a lot on the word interesting. It will be interesting because he could get anything between 5 and 12. So I will be interested to see what he gets. You might not be that interested though. 

Fair point, it was last year, not two years ago. Not sure why that required a 'lol' other than to be patronising. Have some humility and you might be liked more on here. It's definitely 'interesting' that you're glossing other everything else I said, though! And you definitely got the last bit right.

Edited by Bojangles

8 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

I didn't stop going after him. I made my point about how dangerous he is, and there isn't anything else to say. He rode far more sensibly at Oxford, which I stated so at the time, so hopefully he's listening to some sage advice. Many others agreed he's too dangerous (and many others didn't), hence the eight pages on the thread. So far you've just buried your head in the sand about his riding style and offered nothing constructive - which I'm guessing is because you're a Poole fan.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Fair point, it was last year, not two years ago. Not sure why that required a 'lol' other than to be patronising. Have some humility and you might be liked more on here. It's definitely 'interesting' that you're glossing other everything else I said, though! And you definitely got the last bit right.

See @LisaColette, non-Poole fans can admit when they're wrong. If it was the other way around, you'd be trying to argue the passing of time is different on the south coast.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I didn't stop going after him. I made my point about how dangerous he is, and there isn't anything else to say. He rode far more sensibly at Oxford, which I stated so at the time, so hopefully he's listening to some sage advice. Many others agreed he's too dangerous (and many others didn't), hence the eight pages on the thread. So far you've just buried your head in the sand about his riding style and offered nothing constructive - which I'm guessing is because you're a Poole fan.

This is a very valid point. I personally don't think Vinnie was at fault for all of the accidents, although he's certainly 'excitable'. However those saying he's dangerous have offered some valuable advice (speak to more senior riders, accept responsibility, know when to go for a gap and when to shut off to prevent an accident, etc.), however the Poole fans defending him have just said "he's not dangerous" and left it at that. Not that Vinnie is ever going to read this forum...but if he did, I'm sure he's appreciate some friendly advice.

Edited by Bojangles

3 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Fair point, it was last year, not two years ago. Not sure why that required a 'lol' other than to be patronising. Have some humility and you might be liked more on here. And you definitely got the last bit right.

I don't think Lisa is disliked on here anymore than any other Poole fan and less than most! I thought that she was trying to say that he did well last season on a track that was a bit damp and Simon lambert adapted to it very well and was almost unbeatable. He will give his best but Scott Nicholls he isn't, even if the had Robert Lambert they still wouldn't overturn a 24 point deficit.

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Lisa is disliked on here anymore than any other Poole fan and less than most! I thought that she was trying to say that he did well last season on a track that was a bit damp and Simon lambert adapted to it very well and was almost unbeatable. He will give his best but Scott Nicholls he isn't, even if the had Robert Lambert they still wouldn't overturn a 24 point deficit.

Outside of Poole circles, I think you'd be surprised. You, on the other hand, are well known for providing pretty unbiased and sensible posts, which is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Poole fans (not trying to blow smoke up your proverbial, mind, haha).

Anyway, if she was trying to say what you've summarised, then I agree....but she certainly had difficulty getting that point across.