British Speedway Forum

Poole V Oxford. KO Cup Final. 16/17 October 2024

Went via Bing to check out Oxford Speedway website, on the summary bit for OS it shows a picture of Wimborne Rd bit odd, their favourite track maybe? The other odd thing is that there is no preview for the KO 2nd leg on their website. 

59 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Outside of Poole circles, I think you'd be surprised. You, on the other hand, are well known for providing pretty unbiased and sensible posts, which is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Poole fans (not trying to blow smoke up your proverbial, mind, haha).

Anyway, if she was trying to say what you've summarised, then I agree....but she certainly had difficulty getting that point across.

Most fans are biased to a degree but I do tend to try to give a fair view although if I think it is clearly wrong then I may disagree! It is a great shame that Oxford have a shadow of the side that should have been competing for the cup. Poole have been lucky to get to this stage of the season without many injuries and have been able to field a full side in the play off final and in the cup.

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Most fans are biased to a degree but I do tend to try to give a fair view although if I think it is clearly wrong then I may disagree! It is a great shame that Oxford have a shadow of the side that should have been competing for the cup. Poole have been lucky to get to this stage of the season without many injuries and have been able to field a full side in the play off final and in the cup.

Just for a bit of balance  let's not forget  Vinnie, Tobias and Sam are all riding with injuries at varying stages of recovery.

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Outside of Poole circles, I think you'd be surprised. You, on the other hand, are well known for providing pretty unbiased and sensible posts, which is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Poole fans (not trying to blow smoke up your proverbial, mind, haha).

Anyway, if she was trying to say what you've summarised, then I agree....but she certainly had difficulty getting that point across.

No, you just not reading it properly. I already said he got 12 last year on a wet track. 

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Lisa is disliked on here anymore than any other Poole fan and less than most! I thought that she was trying to say that he did well last season on a track that was a bit damp and Simon lambert adapted to it very well and was almost unbeatable. He will give his best but Scott Nicholls he isn't, even if the had Robert Lambert they still wouldn't overturn a 24 point deficit.

Exactly!! Thank you! :t:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/24665139.poole-pirates-vinnie-foord-said-received-death-threats-oxford/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And PS said Poole was hostile. Some bans coming up for those Oxford fans hopefully. 

Edited by LisaColette

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Or you could just say "I was wrong" and move on. Then you can stop spamming the thread.

Wrong about what? An opinion isn't wrong. You may not agree with it, but it isn't wrong. Of all the things I have had opinions about over the years and someone gets stressed over the word 'interesting' ! Actually hilarious. 

On 10/21/2024 at 7:33 PM, LisaColette said:

If Simon brings his KO cup final form from last season could be interesting! Thought Luke might have been given the all clear. 

Don't see why so many people have a problem with this post.

If Lambert rides as well as he did last year, then it will be interesting - could mean decent races against Lawson, Brennan & the Cooks.

Lisa never said it would help Oxford win the Cup, merely that it could be interesting. She's entitled to her opinion, why are so many people bothered by it?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bojangles said:

5 hours ago, LisaColette said:

No, you just not reading it properly. I already said he got 12 last year on a wet track. 

So, just to clarify.... are you saying Lambert is an improvement on Nicholls, or not? Because I read your 'he [Lambert] got 12 last year, double what Nicholls did in the play off final' as quite different to foreverblue's 'He [Lambert] will give his best but Scott Nicholls he isn't'. So which point are you trying to make, because I'm obviously 'not reading it properly'?

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

So, just to clarify.... are you saying Lambert is an improvement on Nicholls, or not? Because I read your 'he [Lambert] got 12 last year, double what Nicholls did in the play off final' as quite different to foreverblue's 'He [Lambert] will give his best but Scott Nicholls he isn't'. So which point are you trying to make, because I'm obviously 'not reading it properly'?

All this over the word "interesting", take a deep breath, move on and keep a bit of dignity. 

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Cameron Heeps on Paternity Leave tomorrow.  Jason Edwards guests.

Well that's a shame but understandable in the circumstances. So it'll be two Cheetahs and five guests not the kind of contest anyone wanted, but just hoping that there will be some interesting racing. It's the last meeting of the season whatever, so let's just have a bit of fun and enjoy.