British Speedway Forum

Vinnie Foord - is he too dangerous?

On 10/17/2024 at 10:02 PM, Pinny said:

Rob Grant junior was not wired right in the head, I remember something happening with Scott Smith (Aussie one) at Newcastle and Smith saying Grant was a nutcase - for Scott Smith to say that about someone else then something must of been off!

That style he had as well is undoubtedly the worst style I have ever seen on a bike. Stuck his left leg out as far as he could, could never work out whether it was to block anyone trying to go underneath him or just a horrible style or both.

Yes his sticky out leg going into the corner was often his downfall. With that style he had to keep balance using his leg out and often when it lost traction he was heading for the fence and often taking other riders with him. Other crashes were when he just rode into other riders who got out of control and  used the safety fence. 

28 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

So as reported in today's local Echo, Vinnie Foord received death threats from Oxford 'fans' during Thursdays track walk!! Just not on is it

Hearsay,and gossip in the local rag I wouldn't take it to seriously. 

3 hours ago, lewy said:

Hearsay,and gossip in the local rag I wouldn't take it to seriously. 

Lewy you must be extremely frustrated not having anything speedway news-related down in Devon for what must be at least 2 months or probably more - even when your season was still going!🤣🤣 Such a shame you cant find anything to keep you away from every Poole thread!!

• Like 1