British Speedway Forum

Vinnie Foord - is he too dangerous?

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Your spelling needs some work!

as does your team 

BTW . i am buying a new diamond for vinnie . it been made by that well known company called  Ratners  .. sponsorning riders who dont give a rubbish about other riders lives . ding , dong .

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It’s clear from the video evidence Vinnie Foord wasn’t at fault for either incident at Poole. In heat two he was up the inside of Killeen. Killeen then attempted to go around Vinnie but went for a gap that wasn’t there. And his front wheel went through Vinnies footrest, showing he was half a bike down at the time of the collision. 

As for the crash with Jody Scott, it’s clear Vinnie got up the inside of Scott off the 4th bend and Scott panicked, turned into Foord crossing the start line, causing the crash. Ford’s line never changed as can be seen in the BSN footage. Scott should have been excluded.

Think that clears everything up concisely so time to lock this ridiculous thread.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2024 at 10:01 AM, foreverblue said:

It maybe spelt correctly but grammar needs work!

That's because she has lost her winter fuel allowance ;)

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2024 at 11:43 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s clear from the video evidence Vinnie Foord wasn’t at fault for either incident at Poole. In heat two he was up the inside of Killeen. Killeen then attempted to go around Vinnie but went for a gap that wasn’t there. And his front wheel went through Vinnies footrest, showing he was half a bike down at the time of the collision. 

As for the crash with Jody Scott, it’s clear Vinnie got up the inside of Scott off the 4th bend and Scott panicked, turned into Foord crossing the start line, causing the crash. Ford’s line never changed as can be seen in the BSN footage. Scott should have been excluded.

Think that clears everything up concisely so time to lock this ridiculous thread.

ahh the Poole fan with pirates in his eyes sees just one side of things 

24 minutes ago, Sadman said:

? how many fans would like a trier like Vinnie in there team.

Yes please.  He's young and over rides at times. However, having looking at both crashes I don't think he did anything wrong. Given better equipment I can really see him kicking on next season providing he is given the opportunity to do so in the Championship.

• Like 3

Fine line between reckless and dangerous 

I don’t believe he is dangerous or deliberately knocking riders off

He is reckless riding above his capabilities at times

Unfortunately you have the Poole blinkered mafia who won’t hear a word against him or see when he has done wrong

Hopefully it’s because he is a trier and he tries too hard …. Because at some point things have to change for him he can’t keep riding how he is 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Trier or a madman?

29 minutes ago, Twistthatthrottle said:

He’s a lunatic on a bike

How many accounts do you want? :D

24 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Fine line between reckless and dangerous 

I don’t believe he is dangerous or deliberately knocking riders off

He is reckless riding above his capabilities at times

Unfortunately you have the Poole blinkered mafia who won’t hear a word against him or see when he has done wrong

Hopefully it’s because he is a trier and he tries too hard …. Because at some point things have to change for him he can’t keep riding how he is 

What has he done wrong then? You have Bewley who says they were just racing incidents. Can't accuse him of being in the 'Poole mafia' as you call it. Rosco who says JS turned too early, although I suppose you could say he might have a bit of bias towards Poole, although he did also ride for Oxford!

As a Leicester fan, I've probably seen him ride more than most. He's a bit of an enigma. He'll be fine in 75% of meetings, but that other 25% he is definitely reckless, bordering on dangerous. It feels like in some meetings he feels he has a point to prove and tries a bit too hard. 

Would I have him in my team, though? Probably, simply from the fact he has the ability to improve and the ability to iron out those reckless tendencies as he gets older.

On a side note, I do find it strange that the Poole fans are so blinded by this. You don't see Leicester fans having the same blinkered view of him. There's no doubt he's a bit crazy on a bike, but he can definitely be quick. It's about recognising both of those facts. He's never going to improve if he's just surrounded by people telling him he's doing great.

As a Redcar fan I have no problems with Vinnies riding, yet 😂. There is another thread on the go regarding Ashton Boughen shutting the throttle off which then begs the question of which is more dangerous, riding throttle open or backing off🤷‍♂️. This will only really be answered when Ashton throttles off and someone behind/challenging crashes. Over to the ex riders on this one.