British Speedway Forum

Vinnie Foord - is he too dangerous?

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Yup 100% . Surprised it hasn't already happened tbh.  Referees will also be keeping an eye on his every  "move" and he'll find his exclusion light on in every " incident" whether or not he was to blame.

Complete nonsense.

• Like 4

whats vinnie going to be like in a car  ?  wonder who will be the poor sole/soles on the end of hie driving skills on the roads of the U.K. better to clamp him down and make him think a bit more of the danger involved in cars and mototsport  .

I would say Foord is totally reckless which in turn leads to him being dangerous 

Over riding the bike and little or no regard for his opponents 

He hasn’t got the skill set to ride as he is therefore yes he is dangerous

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Things would have been totally different if that con of a virus never happened which put the speedway back ( COVID ) imo  as the team that Rob had put together would have certainly been unbeatable at home & would have definitely pushed for points on the road but that's in the past now & can't see speedway coming back to brough nowadays unfortunately 

Ironically Rob Jr was talking to a mate of mine just a couple of weeks ago and said he thinks BroughPpark could possibly reopen for Speedway in a few years time. Dellusioned and dangerous. 

9 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Ironically Rob Jr was talking to a mate of mine just a couple of weeks ago and said he thinks BroughPpark could possibly reopen for Speedway in a few years time. Dellusioned and dangerous. 

I'm surprised you say that - Brough has lain dormant before and come back after a few years. The stadium has much going for it. To me, Diamonds fans always want a big number 1 and they haven't had one for a while.

Just now, ch958 said:

I'm surprised you say that - Brough has lain dormant before and come back after a few years. The stadium has much going for it. To me, Diamonds fans always want a big number 1 and they haven't had one for a while.

The reason  Newcastle Speedway will not return is that the Stadium Owners - (Reuben family)- have removed every thing Speedway including the track, the fence, the pits, the electrics so they look like they will never have speedway while they own the stadium. In addition all the track staff for the dogs hate speedway and used to destroy things every week after the dogs on the Saturday night. When I used to go to the track early on Sunday mornings to arrange the erection of the air fence, my first job was find what fence tension wires had been cut and needed replacing. I  used to report the damage to Alan Hedley who told the stadium management who did not respond. Equipment used to be hidden around the track which we had to find before we could get the stadium ready for speedway that night. The irony is Rob used to be stadium track staff before and during his riding for us and was suspected of being involved with the others on damaging the track and equipment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, j2ohh said:

whats vinnie going to be like in a car  ?  wonder who will be the poor sole/soles on the end of hie driving skills on the roads of the U.K. better to clamp him down and make him think a bit more of the danger involved in cars and mototsport  .

Give it a rest ffs. 

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

I would say Foord is totally reckless which in turn leads to him being dangerous 

Over riding the bike and little or no regard for his opponents 

He hasn’t got the skill set to ride as he is therefore yes he is dangerous

He needs to time things a bit better but he is young and it will come. He isn't dangerous though. 

Edited by LisaColette
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

Give it a rest ffs. 

He needs to time things a bit better but he is young and it will come. He isn't dangerous though. 

Not dangerous? Are you having a laugh? I’ve seen him race live in four meetings and he crashed multiple times in all four, including two wrecked air fences and he wiped out two riders that were unable to continue afterwards. If that’s not dangerous, I’d dread to think what is! 

3 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Not dangerous? Are you having a laugh? I’ve seen him race live in four meetings and he crashed multiple times in all four, including two wrecked air fences and he wiped out two riders that were unable to continue afterwards. If that’s not dangerous, I’d dread to think what is! 

Well I have seen him ride in more than four meetings and in quite a few he didn't crash! As I said he is young and will go for any gap. Scott Nicholls also got slated for doing the same when he was 19/20. And when Jason Doyle was younger he very rarely finished a race! It's an age thing. 

3 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

Well I have seen him ride in more than four meetings and in quite a few he didn't crash! As I said he is young and will go for any gap. Scott Nicholls also got slated for doing the same when he was 19/20. And when Jason Doyle was younger he very rarely finished a race! It's an age thing

In quite a few he DIDN’T crash, what an achievement!

And yeah that’s why the likes of Sam Hagon, Dan Thompson, Ashton Boughen and Leon Flint, etc. go around knocking everybody off. Shocking excuse. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

7 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

In quite a few he DIDN’T crash, what an achievement!

And yeah that’s why the likes of Sam Hagon, Dan Thompson, Ashton Boughen and Leon Flint, etc. go around knocking everybody off. Shocking excuse. 

Not all young riders are exactly the same. Some go for any gap, some don't and wait. Have given past examples on that. I already said Vinnie just needs to time things a bit better. H2 was 50/50 anyway but looked like Vinnie was slightly ahead when the crash happened imo. I'd be surprised if he still as impatient at 25. Just let him get on with learning. 

13 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

Not all young riders are exactly the same. Some go for any gap, some don't and wait. Have given past examples on that. I already said Vinnie just needs to time things a bit better. H2 was 50/50 anyway but looked like Vinnie was slightly ahead when the crash happened imo. I'd be surprised if he still as impatient at 25. Just let him get on with learning. 

Just letting him get on with learning is a ticking time bomb. He needs to change is attitude and riding style before he seriously injures somebody, if not himself. 

It’s amazing how many Poole fans that are completely blinkered when it comes to this. It’s not a personal insult on them. Let’s hope the people around Vinnie are actually offering good advice, as opposed to just letting him carry on like he is. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

7 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Just letting him get on with learning is a ticking time bomb. He needs to change is attitude and riding style before he seriously injures somebody, if not himself. 

Riding with extra padding under his Kevlars and changed is bike frame from metal to rubber which will help him bounce off the fence better or if he clouts another rider. At least he is trying.

Edited by Youhave2minutes
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Give it a rest. Every post you put up on the forum recently is eithet anti Poole or slagging off Vinnie Foord.

There are people posting on here that need to get a life.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

There are people posting on here that need to get a life.

Also there are people on here who would like a longer life and not be taken out on a racetrack or a main road later on in life .