British Speedway Forum

Vinnie Foord - is he too dangerous?

58 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Tried to explain this last night, watch it frame by frame, Scott is the one who turns into foord, once they got tangled up the crash was inevitable but too many people are either caught up in the emotion or just bias to see what actually happened 

Completely agree ,Scott started turning left far too early.IMO

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

i presume you are a parody account

as the air fence is one of the best innovations speedway has ever come up with 

Would that incident (not accident) have happened last night had there not been an air fence? By the accounts of others Foord has been riding on borrowed air time because of those air fences he has destroyed in the past? I don't know... no doubt crashing into a solid fence head on would focus the mind somewhat in the future!

Edited by IainB
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

absolute gash about it being Scott's fault...at Poole you start turning left just about on the starting line or close after, unless you are going for the dirt line then you carry the straight another ten yards or so, Vinnie had gained speed out of bend 4 tried go up the inside for a gap that wasn't clearly there, instead of shutting off and biding his time he nailed Scott. Dress it up as much you like but there's the facts, its not the first time a young lad has made a mistake with over exuberance and certainly won't be the last.

Exactly. 

its mental how anyone can come to the conclusion that Scott was at fault for that and not Foord. 

I've been watching speedway for 25 years and its one of the most clear cut exclusions I have ever seen. The more you watch it , the worse it looks.

Some of the people defending it are the same people who defended Holder in 2012(?) when Holder wiped Pedersen out on turn 1 when he lost control in the semis of the final GP of the season. Mainly Poole fans. Claimed Holder had nowhere to go that time too. Deluded. 

Edited by Pinny
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I saw him twice at Workington this season and never thought he was dirty,Might be because it was a final last night and more on the line.

• Like 3

Disregarding who was at fault last night ( looks to be Scott probably), unfortunately there will come a time, probably sooner than later, when he won't bounce if he doesn't calm down or alter his technique slightly. 

Tom Brennen had a couple of really bad crashes and injuries early on as a 16/17 year old, had far more ability than Vinnie, but over tried trying to compete with heat leaders from word go. Learnt his lesson improved his technique and strength and look where he's going now, can be done and hope Vinnie can learn but we'll see......

• Like 1

The entire Poole team is a disgrace.

Lawson spitting the dummy when clearly took out Masters.

Tobias Thomsen dropping the C bomb on TV and then gesturing to the crowd at the trophy.

Vinnie Foord fencing Luke Killeen, then Jody Scott and antagonising the crowd.

A terrible advert for the sport and I bet the SCB do nothing.......fines and bans should be dished out to Thomsen and Foord.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, K7KDD said:

Tobias Thomsen dropping the C bomb on TV and then gesturing to the crowd at the trophy.

A terrible advert for the sport and I bet the SCB do nothing.......fines and bans should be dished out to Thomsen and Foord.

It wasn't a terrible advert for the sport at all. It actually made it look interesting on TV for a change.

I watched as a neutral, and found myself rooting for Oxford as the two meetings went on (Lord knows why!), but the way people are moaning about Poole actually having a bit of character and spirit is ridiculous.

Do speedway fans really just want deckchairs, flasks and programme boards? 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, K7KDD said:

And (most of) the crowd who were actually there loved it all!😝

• Like 3

4 hours ago, K7KDD said:

What about the other 4

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, K7KDD said:

I'm all for heated debates but this is the most ridiculous post I have seen

• Like 1

'Foord was excluded from the re-run, but seemed to find the whole incident funny, laughing and further inciting the Oxford fans. It was deeply unprofessional behaviour and hopefully the Poole management will take action against their rider.'

Nope, your fans incited him first tbh. His reactions were to their abuse. You want action against Vinnie, then take action against your fans as well. Can't have it both ways.

'Meanwhile, a third Oxford rider in three races found themselves on the deck in Heat 3. Ashton Boughen made a good start, but Zach Cook cannoned into his rear entering the first bend and Boughen also needed medical treatment before continuing in the meeting.'

Because Ashton came off the throttle, that's all on him. To blame Zach is laughable. 

https://oxfordspeedway.club/news/