British Speedway Forum

Championship 2025

Ghosty

22 minutes ago, Chairboy said:

Exactly, Gambo, well said. As a speedway fan I would be embarrassed to come out with the statement  "have no interest in NDL racing and know of many who feel the same". Sit at home and watch the Grand Prix then, and pride yourself on your knowledge of Zmarzlik etc.

Not embarrassed in the slightest. Speedway existed up until 4/5 years ago without the need for reserve teams from other clubs. Was a thriving NDL on its own right. Btw I have little interest in premiership either, that embarrassing too? The champ imo has always had the most entertaining product until Mr Morris has come along and tried to run it into the ground to try and maintain a premiership that's been on life support for at least a decade.

I have knowledge of the NDL and the riders coming through, I just don't find Joe Thompson winning most heats by 3/4 of a lap entertaining and wouldn't pay to watch it. Get it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chairboy said:

Exactly, Gambo, well said. As a speedway fan I would be embarrassed to come out with the statement  "have no interest in NDL racing and know of many who feel the same". Sit at home and watch the Grand Prix then, and pride yourself on your knowledge of Zmarzlik etc.

You must be easily embarrassed then.

Why would any club run a NDL team when they know their fanbase would have zero interest in it.

And when they know financially it’s a non-starter, any business would immediately shy away from that , I’m not saying it won’t work for some as it clearly does, working financially for others is sadly not viable.

So being embarrassed for what stating facts why should he.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chairboy said:

Here's a ground-breaking, revolutionary thought. How about one or two of the Championship clubs who want more fixtures running an NDL team?

How many Promotions can afford to lose more money though.Its not a money spinner for the majority of Clubs most are on there knees being subsidised by supporters.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

But those clubs that don't run because it is a "loss making idea", are quite happy to hoover up the talent that does emerge from the efforts of other clubs!🤬

And when the promise does not materialise as hoped (e.g. Max Perry), they spit them out and grab another prospect that they have done nothing to support.

From a purely business standpoint, that makes perfect sense. Why lose money on the NDL if you can just pick up promising riders anyway?

Perhaps there should be some incentive for NDL teams, if clubs sign your riders, pay you a "training fee"?