British Speedway Forum

Championship 2025

I hope that the promoters see sence & vote for 2x home & 2x away for a worthwhile league fixture list for 2025.

By that I mean worthwhile for both the riders & fans & even the stadium owners

Can we also have someone different doing the fixture list PLEASE..

PREMIER LEAGUE.

Why don't we run the U.K. Premeir league on Wednesdays & Thursday? You then only have to fly all the superstars in & out once saving a fortune!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I hope that the promoters see sence & vote for 2x home & 2x away for a worthwhile league fixture list for 2025.

By that I mean worthwhile for both the riders & fans & even the stadium owners

Can we also have someone different doing the fixture list PLEASE..

PREMIER LEAGUE.

Why don't we run the U.K. Premeir league on Wednesdays & Thursday? You then only have to fly all the superstars in & out once saving a fortune!

It's now October and the main finals still to be played, this with 1 home 1 away, no chance of completing season with 2 home 2 away especially with 2 blank weekends for the 2 uk GPs, and other events that take young riders away at weekends 

The simple fact Oxford have already stated they will be doing all three leagues again next season suggests there's no way it's returning to 2 home and 2 away format in 2025. They would never be able to fit all the fixtures in.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

The simple fact Oxford have already stated they will be doing all three leagues again next season suggests there's no way it's returning to 2 home and 2 away format in 2025. They would never be able to fit all the fixtures in.

Should the other Championship clubs wish to have more fixtures then tough luck for Oxford!

1 hour ago, Neila said:

It's now October and the main finals still to be played, this with 1 home 1 away, no chance of completing season with 2 home 2 away especially with 2 blank weekends for the 2 uk GPs, and other events that take young riders away at weekends 

Try filling the 6 blank weeks through the summer with something creative like, I don't know, a fixture! Were several 2/3 week gaps at most clubs too. 

Edited by Jaizer

28 minutes ago, SpeedwaySlider72 said:

Should the other Championship clubs wish to have more fixtures then tough luck for Oxford!

My comment was more the fact that there is likely to be some sort agreement already in place for Oxford to declare they are running in three leagues, otherwise they would have surely waited. It wasn't an 'Oxford are doing this, so screw the rest of the league comment'. Strange how some people take comments the wrong way.