British Speedway Forum

Best TV Speedway Broadcaster.

14 hours ago, Garry1603 said:

Sky by a mile -  we need to attract them back somehow and potentially rescue the sport.

It would be worth (alongside a supporting sponsor) PAYING Sky sport to cover UK speedway and get back the professional coverage and commentary to help significantly promote the sport.  

A little off topic - caught the end of a programme called Shed and Buried(?) this evening with that bloke Henry Cole. He purchased an old Lewis Bridger Jawa, got it going & flogged it to a bloke from Hagon Shocks. 

Screensport were great back in the day with Dave Lanning.

"And a why thy droive from the starrrrt!"

Also have to mention that pre-digital era, I used to manually turn my dish a few degrees to the left (North East I think) and pick up Polsat for free.

Along with some,err, Dutch channels..............

Edited by Zagarmeister
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

The guy who commentated on Screensport and annoyingly always said "And away they droive from the start"  was Clive Fisher. not Dave Lanning.

Used to like Chris French on Screensport.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WRDukes said:

A little off topic - caught the end of a programme called Shed and Buried(?) this evening with that bloke Henry Cole. He purchased an old Lewis Bridger Jawa, got it going & flogged it to a bloke from Hagon Shocks. 

I saw that. New fuel and it started first time after years sat in a shed?

8 hours ago, Zagarmeister said:

Screensport were great back in the day with Dave Lanning.

"And a why thy droive from the starrrrt!"

Also have to mention that pre-digital era, I used to manually turn my dish a few degrees to the left (North East I think) and pick up Polsat for free.

Along with some,err, Dutch channels..............

I had a motorised dish and did the same.

On 10/8/2024 at 10:05 PM, WRDukes said:

Always watch this prog couldn't believe my eyes, they bought a 'grasser' rolling chassis once, also sold to Hagon Shocks, their bikes / cars almost always start easily after 'just new fuel & maybe a spark plug', the ep is repeated on Quest this Saturday at 9pm, speedway bike part could be 9.30....