British Speedway Forum

Best TV Speedway Broadcaster.

Well my choice is obviously very biased but it was Sky’s production followed by BT both of whom were very professional and forward thinking with their production with Sky making it HD, Jib cameras, Kerb cams,multiple slow mo’s then BT took over and made it a UHD production 

However this came at a cost with each Sky meeting production costing the same as what Eurosport spend for 5 UK meetings.

There simply is no budget for UK racing everything is done using the cheapest option possible for example they use a lot of University students who  are looking for unpaid experience that’s why we get some dodgy camera work and editing, vision mixing . 

The Sky production was normally a 15-18  main cameras and 2 slo mo plus 2-3 radio cameras while Eurosport is 4 main cameras plus 1-2 radio camera they don’t even pay the OB provider for lighting for presentation and instead Mr Morris brings his battery flood lights.

Who knows when the contract is up for renewal again Sky may be interested as would now be a good fit for the Sky Sports + channel and is a good filler when no Football 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Canal sport are by far the best for their speedway coverage, not just for live meetings either, their documentaries and magazine programme about speedway are excellent, they are followed by BSN then eleven sport, Eurosport are to speedway what jive bunny were to music 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Canal sport are by far the best for their speedway coverage, not just for live meetings either, their documentaries and magazine programme about speedway are excellent, they are followed by BSN then eleven sport, Eurosport are to speedway what jive bunny were to music 

How you getting canal sport and eleven sport.

1 hour ago, Youhave2minutes said:

How you getting canal sport and eleven sport.

I’ve got polish tv, if you can get the equipment to uk(difficulty bit) then you pay direct debit to their account, it’s £18 per month, canal,eleven and tvp  all show speedway, you get all 3 polish leagues + individual meetings + test matches etc, you also get magazine programme every week and documentaries about speedway, also if your into your football you get uk premiership football, if you know any poles ask them how to get equipment to uk 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Thanks 1

1st - Sky were the best by a long way.

2nd - BT Sport were also very good.

3rd - BSN do an admirable job, and are improving all the time but do make error i commentary and editing.

4th - Eurosport - I look at the  coverage, and I think to myself... "Eurosport".

35 minutes ago, Grachan said:

1st - Sky were the best by a long way.

2nd - BT Sport were also very good.

3rd - BSN do an admirable job, and are improving all the time but do make error i commentary and editing.

4th - Eurosport - I look at the  coverage, and I think to myself... "Eurosport".

I'll add a number 5... the Beeb! They have shown speedway in the past and did a terrible job with it

8 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I’ve got polish tv, if you can get the equipment to uk(difficulty bit) then you pay direct debit to their account, it’s £18 per month, canal,eleven and tvp  all show speedway, you get all 3 polish leagues + individual meetings + test matches etc, you also get magazine programme every week and documentaries about speedway, also if your into your football you get uk premiership football, if you know any poles ask them how to get equipment to uk 

It's in Polish though.

57 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

It's in Polish though.

And still makes as much sense as some posters on here

Mentioning no names or course......:P

• Haha 1