British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Speedway

2 hours ago, Petecc said:

I'm not sure what everyone wants. The club to fold or to continue but always finish last and in debt. Some of you write with glee that the club is doomed, some ask why bother it will be a failure and others just want to moan about who the manager is. Would be nice to read about how pleased some people are that the club is still running. 

They key is how competitive Brum will be..

Hopefully, the other clubs will support them by not trying to tempt their riders and they can put out a team of a "Premiership level".. 

It won't help anyone to have a similar scenario to last season where they were always going to be seventh, even before a wheel was turned...

A strong Brum will mean a strong Premiership...

15 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Hopefully, the other clubs will support them by not trying to tempt their riders and they can put out a team of a "Premiership level".. 

It won't help anyone to have a similar scenario to last season where they were always going to be seventh, even before a wheel was turned...

Despite the dire situation the sport is in, I cannot believe that a club would hesitate to approach a rider in case it made another team weaker. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Despite the dire situation the sport is in, I cannot believe that a club would hesitate to approach a rider in case it made another team weaker. 

Sadly, I fear you are correct..

There is a danger of a four team league going forwards...

Brum, just making up the numbers, will do no one any favours...

51 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It will ultimately be the riders that decide where they go. Using Brennan as an example, if he contacted Ipswich and asked them for a place, should Ipswich refuse to entertain him because it isn’t fair on Birmingham? I think Birmingham have a problem here. Firstly they’ve publicly declared money issues and have only just cobbled together the finance to state their intentions to run, so what message does that send out to riders who will have options?

There’ll be riders they can sign because nobody else will want them with all due respect, but you have to ask the question what can Birmingham afford to pay Brennan or a number 1? They’ll also have concerns about job security. Again, after publicly stating their financial issues, riders may well have concerns about them completing the season. If you’re a rider in demand, do you stay at Birmingham or go for a better pay cheque and job security elsewhere?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Left side (As posted earlier) built within 39.00, Right side built within 40.00.

Should fit within a tight budget at Brum, What do you think? Would you happy with this or something similar?

1. Lindgren / 1. Lindgren

2. Z. Cook / 2. S. Worrall/Z.Cook

3. Brennan / 3. Douglas

4. S. Worrall / 4. Brennan

5. Douglas / 5. (7.43 or 7.55 left)

6. Lampart / 6. Lampart

7. Flint (RS) / 7. Flint (RS)

12 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Sounding positive that brum will run, this Tolley bloke must have more money than sense after this season just gone. Good luck to all involved and for brummie supporters I really hope it comes to fruition and next season is a good one. 

Well it won’t be as I bet all the  big hitters are fixed up with the top four clubs

Edited by Youhave2minutes

3 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Sounding positive that brum will run, this Tolley bloke must have more money than sense after this season just gone. Good luck to all involved and for brummie supporters I really hope it comes to fruition and next season is a good one. 

Tolley seems all over the place with his stories,skint last week, now running next year( if everything works out).Has he found another suitcase under the bed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TTT said:

Left side (As posted earlier) built within 39.00, Right side built within 40.00.

Should fit within a tight budget at Brum, What do you think? Would you happy with this or something similar?

1. Lindgren / 1. Lindgren

2. Z. Cook / 2. S. Worrall/Z.Cook

3. Brennan / 3. Douglas

4. S. Worrall / 4. Brennan

5. Douglas / 5. (7.43 or 7.55 left)

6. Lampart / 6. Lampart

7. Flint (RS) / 7. Flint (RS)

I'd be happy if people stopped mentioning Worrall!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

I'd be happy if people stopped mentioning Worrall!

Think most Brum fans would lol.

British based rider though with a club that's going to be operating on a tight budget seems like a signing Tolley and co would make.

On 10/16/2024 at 10:38 AM, TTT said:

If it's a 39.00 limit (Based on Lindgren wanting to do 3 leagues as well as Ipswich failing to pounce in an attempt to sign Brennan)

1. Lindgren

2. Z. Cook

3. Brennan

4. S. Worrall

5. Douglas

6. Lampart

7. Flint (RS)

Cant see F.L doing 3 league's..2 and the G.Ps thats all he will need ..

On 10/16/2024 at 10:38 AM, TTT said:

If it's a 39.00 limit (Based on Lindgren wanting to do 3 leagues as well as Ipswich failing to pounce in an attempt to sign Brennan)

1. Lindgren

2. Z. Cook

3. Brennan

4. S. Worrall

5. Douglas

6. Lampart

7. Flint (RS)

Dougy isnt really a number  5...Could do with a another 8+ at 5...Depends on what budget they are working on ..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Cant see F.L doing 3 league's..2 and the G.Ps thats all he will need ..

These guys just take Clubs to the cleaners if the money is right.Fricke is a perfect example just takes easy points ,when the going gets tough he goes missing.

• Like 1