British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Speedway

42 minutes ago, HGould said:

I guess they'd best give David Mason a bell to find out how they ran NDL on a weekday that probably just about broke even on the kind of rental they had to pay ARC.

The question is would those 400-500 who turned up then turn up now or would they turn their nose up at it??.

As per my previous post!

Looks pretty obvious from where I'm standing!?

As for attending? it's a no from me....would rather travel to Leicester (if they improve the track) or an occasional visit to Oxford!

15 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Unfortunately, with the race night restriction from the stadium, the Championship is not a viable alternative.

This was Tracey's comment....whom I believe is part of the current promotion team.

Indeed she is part of the consortium, but nowhere does Tracey mention NL she just says what we already know that the only race night available is Monday which wont allow Championship racing. 

16 hours ago, HGould said:

I guess they'd best give David Mason a bell to find out how they ran NDL on a weekday that probably just about broke even on the kind of rental they had to pay ARC.

The question is would those 400-500 who turned up then turn up now or would they turn their nose up at it??.

I would say so, history shows when speedway clubs have gone up and down the leagues there has been little change in crowd level. The star riders in the Premiership may have a very slight crowd draw, Emil, Tai or Bewley but I think there is more than a few teams that would be financially better off running at NL level. Also Birmingham might finally have a winning team.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Indeed she is part of the consortium, but nowhere does Tracey mention NL she just says what we already know that the only race night available is Monday which wont allow Championship racing. 

Correct...and my post doesn't mention her saying anything about NL ?

That is just my opinion, on a different post!

• Confused 1

BIRMINGHAM Speedway are delighted to confirm their participation in the 2025 ROWE Motor Oil Premiership.

The Brummies have met conditions that were recently agreed following a cash flow crisis at the end of the 2024 campaign.

And club CEO Nigel Tolley informed league chiefs of their position at a British Speedway Promoters’ Ltd meeting on Tuesday.

“It goes without saying that it’s a massive relief,” Tolley said.

“The situation has been changing day-by-day but with some hard work behind the scenes and the generosity of people out there, we found ourselves in the position we needed to be at at this stage.

“We’re not completely out of the woods just yet but we’re where we needed to be at this point to be back at the tapes next season and just as importantly, we now have a path that will enable us to clear all outstanding debts in the near future.

“Team building for 2025 is underway and I will do everything I can to build a team the supporters can really relate to and get behind because I think that’s something they missed out on a little bit this year.

“We’re certainly not just hanging in there to make up the numbers and our aim is to be a much more competitive force in next year’s Premiership.

“We can now start going back to the riders we’ve already been speaking to and hopefully we’ll be able to announce our first signing by the end of this week.”

• Like 4

Well done Birmingham, You've got to applaud the never say die attitude they bring to the club

Now it's down to the tough part to find a 1 & 5, Will Lindgren get on planes 4/5 times a week at his age considering his main focus is the GP's???

2. Z. Cook

3. Douglas

4. S. Worrall

6. Lampart

7. Flint (RS)

17 minutes ago, TTT said:

Well done Birmingham, You've got to applaud the never say die attitude they bring to the club

Now it's down to the tough part to find a 1 & 5, Will Lindgren get on planes 4/5 times a week at his age considering his main focus is the GP's???

2. Z. Cook

3. Douglas

4. S. Worrall

6. Lampart

7. Flint (RS)

Surely they will keep Tom. 

26 minutes ago, TTT said:

You've got to question what all the drama was about in their previous statement... and now all of a sudden all is well 🤔

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TTT said:

2. Z. Cook

3. Douglas

4. S. Worrall

6. Lampart

7. Flint (RS)

Dont think many fans will want Worrall back?

The other 4 seem pretty nailed on....add Brennan and Fricke (please) and possibly Pickering?