British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Speedway

8 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

When did Birmingham Speedway last make any money, when it was over the road at the old Ladbrokes Stadium or when it was 3rd division with Tony Mole here at Perry Barr?, answer that and you have an answer to Birmingham's future and why it won't be around in 2025, where is the point in throwing more good money after losing money over many years.

They won't run imo, Think the crowd funding is just to help pay off debts.

Birmingham won't be able to put a competitive team together now so it makes the decision an easy one.

Lindgren has signed for a Swedish club so it's highly unlikely he does 3 leagues at his age.

Brennan will surely take the offer and job securitiy at Ipswich.

On 10/11/2024 at 2:23 PM, mikebv said:

Surely with so few meetings, a Championship side could run on a Monday. ? Double uppers could be worked around with Guests if needed... Plenty of meetings will run with them so a few more wouldn't make any difference..

If it was the difference between running or not, I'd let Birmingham run in the Champ on a Monday.

Don't sign riders from a Monday Premiership club & do your best to avoid clashes with doubling up riders.

Like you say, with less fixtures, should be achievable. Even if it means gusts used occasionally, would anyone notice?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I feel I have a memory of a club doing fund raising, maybe for a new stadium, with the money being kept "safe" with the understanding that of the stadium didn't come to fruition, then the money would be given back?

Birmingham could do something similar.

Isn't this fund being run by the supporters club not the speedway promotion?

I think that any money raised should be held in escrow until they start the 2025 season, using it to pay off debts I don't feel is appropriate but that's up to the individual I guess 

• Like 2

As others have previously stated elsewhere on this forum doesn’t it cost a few thousand pound per meeting just to actually cover all of the expenses of everything involved for a meeting? So 10,000 isn’t going to cover much surely. Surely the money they are trying to raise is to pay some of this seasons debts.

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

I know Sam was offered to manage Leicester years ago but wanted a huge salary. I don't dare post it on here but it's nearly twice as much as Stewart Dickson earns. 

No doubt the single reason why he didn’t get the gig…thank the Lord! 

On 10/11/2024 at 2:23 PM, mikebv said:

Surely with so few meetings, a Championship side could run on a Monday. ? Double uppers could be worked around with Guests if needed... Plenty of meetings will run with them so a few more wouldn't make any difference..

Just quoting one of the owners on the B'ham forum page?

If B'ham run, then I can only see NL with Rogers happy as Larry! (levels an all that....)

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Unfortunately, with the race night restriction from the stadium, the Championship is not a viable alternative.

This was Tracey's comment....whom I believe is part of the current promotion team.

I guess they'd best give David Mason a bell to find out how they ran NDL on a weekday that probably just about broke even on the kind of rental they had to pay ARC.

The question is would those 400-500 who turned up then turn up now or would they turn their nose up at it??.