British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Speedway

49 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Alot of people on here have said its gate and go ...Not alot of passing....

So, no different from many other tracks ?  Even belle vue with its 'best track in the land' title,  has racing with no passing. 

4 hours ago, *JJ said:

It's just a hobby horse which the usual suspects like to ride, as with the team manager.

With regards the Team manager Rosco is one of the best team managers of recent years, Rosco or Ermolenko ? and If Rosko is available and affordable then he would be a big improvement, with regards the track the 1st & 2nd bends as a minimum require work on the banking to improve what little overtaking occurs on those bends, you can usually count on one finger the number of overtakes on those bends during a season, however any work may not be feasible due to the short time scale before Perry Barr closes.

I would like to congratulate the Brummies on there new tie up with Warwickshire County Cricket Club, if any Warwick members venture over to watch Speedway the noise from the bikes should at least wake up some of those County Cricket supporters more used to having a snooze during games 😁https://www.birmingham-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.3579

Edited by heathen52
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, heathen52 said:

With regards the Team manager Rosco is one of the best team managers of recent years, Rosco or Ermolenko ? and If Rosko is available and affordable then he would be a big improvement, with regards the track the 1st & 2nd bends as a minimum require work on the banking to improve what little overtaking occurs on those bends, you can usually count on one finger the number of overtakes on those bends during a season, however any work may not be feasible due to the short time scale before Perry Barr closes.

Have you been there?😲

13 hours ago, *JJ said:

Have you been there?😲

I have been there many times, last season was the first season that I never went to a meeting due to a combination of things, but I streamed the early fixtures on the Brummies website prior to the streams stopping due to live broadcasts, when you get Harris and Pickering struggling to overtake then you know everything is not well.