British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2025

On 9/29/2024 at 6:42 PM, Youhave2minutes said:

I’m sorry to say some serious team building needs to be done for next season.
Mountain, Abblit and Harrison to stay, the rest need to move on.

Palm toft injury prone so often off form or abscent

Howarth signed but been a let down

Allen to get no better

Lambert been at it for over 10+ years now and on the downhill slope.

Lets see if Godfrey can dig deep and bring in fresh blood for 2025 season.

Totally agree with this, none of these riders will get any better, let’s bring some new blood in

1 hour ago, OldtimerRay said:

According to the BSN commentator tonight Jake Allen only had one bike how odd is that and even odder ( is that a word ) no one seemed keen to lend him one as he missed two races 

As for team building hope Scunny get it right next season as the likes of Toft always injured and Howarth getting no better but I'm not up on Scunny but don't think on current stats they will be a plus to your team,but there are not bundles of riders around anymore so it's hard to be to choosy.

17 minutes ago, Essex said:

According to the BSN commentator tonight Jake Allen only had one bike how odd is that and even odder ( is that a word ) no one seemed keen to lend him one as he missed two races 

As for team building hope Scunny get it right next season as the likes of Toft always injured and Howarth getting no better but I'm not up on Scunny but don't think on current stats they will be a plus to your team,but there are not bundles of riders around anymore so it's hard to be to choosy.

The team is all sorted for 2025

8 hours ago, Essex said:

Jake only had 1 bike because he has had problems with his van lately so had to go down in someone else’s van while his is getting sorted but he could only fit 1 bike in it, thats the only reason, it’s just typical that the 1 meeting he only has 1 bike with him is the 1 meeting where he has mechanical problems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Essex said:

If the league continues to get weaker as well as potentially losing Ben Cook, Tom B and Josh P then the likes of Howarth, Palm toft etc should increase there average. Godfrey generally likes continuity with his teams though doesn’t he. 

1 hour ago, BenR195 said:

Jake only had 1 bike because he has had problems with his van lately so had to go down in someone else’s van while his is getting sorted but he could only fit 1 bike in it, thats the only reason, it’s just typical that the 1 meeting he only has 1 bike with him is the 1 meeting where he has mechanical problems.

Does his promoter not own a garage? Surely if he couldn't get the van fixed he has contacts that could of sorted something for him?

10 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Does his promoter not own a garage? Surely if he couldn't get the van fixed he has contacts that could have sorted something for him?

His van was in Robs garage and he swapped into Robs van on the way down to Poole but that van isn’t as big in the back as it’s only a SWB with seats in the back so could only fit 1 bike in on an angle. A bit of a last minute dash, not ideal but it was just one of those things. Getting him there with 1 bike was better than him having to miss the meeting all together. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2024 at 12:01 AM, Tosh1218 said:

The team is all sorted for 2025

I heard that it was more or less. This is quite important as the later its left the fewer and fewer options we have. Imagine some difficult conversations before riders go theyre seperate ways. 

Rob is loyal though so I would not expect radical change. Lukes absolutely certain to be back. 

Looking at where we lost out to Poole & Oxford. Its not having an out and out No1. We know that Ryan was irreplaceable but we needed to go as far as we could. Honestly I think Kyle has gone someway toward it especially at the EWR. I really enjoy Kyles all action style. But its not been the same away. 

I would be fine with Kyle as our No2 if we have a big hitter at No1 ? But where do you find such a rider ? 

Jakes always going to get my backing. Really has become integral to the club. Some frustrating nights but hes very capable of double figure returns at Scunny. 

Then we have a bit of thinking to do ? Lambo Mr Scunthorpe Speedway a legend really. Nathan whos really put a shift in at times and Connor who is at times the engine room of the team. Difficult but I'll leave it to Rob and management. 

I have this feeling that if we are changing and of course averages and points limit will play theyre part. We have to go more "top heavy" and maybe take a gamble lower down ?. Workington took a gamble this season on Tate Zischke. Maybe we need to look to one of the next Aussie youngsters (like we did with Dougy 10 years ago). Its all rumour but we might have one "in the pipeline" ? Declan Kennedy is highly rated brother of Zaine the latter missing out in 2024. Would it be the way to go. The Kennedys on 4.00+ & 4.00, Luke, Kyle, Jake, new No1 ? and Nathan. Means MPT, Lambo and Connor miss out. 

Potentially with some riders stepping up to the Prem in 2025, and opting out of the Championship. The league will be slightly weaker. The seven above should more than hold theyre own with room to up averages. 

Its all speculation isnt it ? and always interesting at this time of year with Conference on the horizon. Going to be interesting which way the club elects to go.? 

Despite falling short on three fronts its been an enjoyable season. Some great racing served up at the EWR and on our travels. Thanks to the riders, management and staff for always ensuring the show goes on. Roll on next March and Up the Scorpions. 

Edited by thebaron

11 minutes ago, thebaron said:

I heard that it was more or less. This is quite important as the later its left the fewer and fewer options we have. Imagine some difficult conversations before riders go theyre seperate ways. 

Rob is loyal though so I would not expect radical change. Lukes absolutely certain to be back. 

Looking at where we lost out to Poole & Oxford. Its not having an out and out No1. We know that Ryan was irreplaceable but we needed to go as far as we could. Honestly I think Kyle has gone someway toward it especially at the EWR. I really enjoy Kyles all action style. But its not been the same away. 

I would be fine with Kyle as our No2 if we have a big hitter at No1 ? But where do you find such a rider ? 

Jakes always going to get my backing. Really has become integral to the club. Some frustrating nights but hes very capable of double figure returns at Scunny. 

Then we have a bit of thinking to do ? Lambo Mr Scunthorpe Speedway a legend really. Nathan whos really put a shift in at times and Connor who is at times the engine room of the team. Difficult but I'll leave it to Rob and management. 

I have this feeling that if we are changing and of course averages and points limit will play theyre part. We have to go more "top heavy" and maybe take a gamble lower down ?. Workington took a gamble this season on Tate Zischke. Maybe we need to look to one of the next Aussie youngsters (like we did with Dougy 10 years ago). Its all rumour but we might have one "in the pipeline" ? Declan Kennedy is highly rated brother of Zaine the latter missing out in 2024. Would it be the way to go. The Kennedys on 4.00 & 4.00, Luke, Kyle, Jake, new No1 ? and Nathan. Means MPT, Lambo and Connor miss out. 

Potentially with some riders stepping up to the Prem in 2025, and opting out of the Championship. The league will be slightly weaker. The seven above should more than hold theyre own with room to up averages. 

Its all speculation isnt it ? and always interesting at this time of year with Conference on the horizon. Going to be interesting which way the club elects to go.? 

Despite falling short on three fronts its been an enjoyable season. Some great racing served up at the EWR and on our travels. Thanks to the riders, management and staff for always ensuring the show goes on. Roll on next March and Up the Scorpions. 

Whatever the Team that entertainment is brilliant.Your so lucky.

11 minutes ago, thebaron said:

I have this feeling that if we are changing and of course averages and points limit will play theyre part. We have to go more "top heavy" and maybe take a gamble lower down ?. Workington took a gamble this season on Tate Zischke. Maybe we need to look to one of the next Aussie youngsters (like we did with Dougy 10 years ago). Its all rumour but we might have one "in the pipeline" ? Declan Kennedy is highly rated brother of Zaine the latter missing out in 2024. Would it be the way to go. The Kennedys on 4.00 & 4.00, Luke, Kyle, Jake, new No1 ? and Nathan. Means MPT, Lambo and Connor miss out. 

Rumour is that Howarth is southbound - wanting less travel away from his young family in Malmesbury!?

• Like 1

On 10/4/2024 at 9:33 PM, Fromafar said:

Whatever the Team that entertainment is brilliant.Your so lucky.

Couldn't agree with you more all the meetings I've streamed have been very entertaining and done and dusted pronto