British Speedway Forum

2025 World championship dates....OFFICIAL

Neither Cardiff or Belle Vue are close to me but hope it's a success.  I'll stick to the guarantee of it being on, at Cardiff and watch BV on TV.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 2

Was the SGP really created for all those rounds at small permanent tracks? And an endless supply of Polish meetings? They really should bring back the world final, shouldn't they... Have it at London Stadium every year!? As a Wembley replacement.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2024 at 10:32 AM, IainB said:

They should have the Fan Zone down at media city then

That’s to far from the stadium but having at Man City would be good 

16 minutes ago, E0F0 said:

Was the SGP really created for all those rounds at small permanent tracks? And an endless supply of Polish meetings? They really should bring back the world final, shouldn't they... Have it at London Stadium every year!? As a Wembley replacement.

Sadly the crowds we got at Wembley in the 60’s and 70’s are no longer there. As someone who attended every Wembley WF 1965-1981 I find it very sad. I am not a fan of GP’s, particularly with the current scoring system. Give me a one-off WF every time. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, customhouseregularisback said:

Sadly the crowds we got at Wembley in the 60’s and 70’s are no longer there. As someone who attended every Wembley WF 1965-1981 I find it very sad. I am not a fan of GP’s, particularly with the current scoring system. Give me a one-off WF every time. 

Speaking of temporary tracks... Why don't they have a GP at Silesian Stadium?

5 minutes ago, E0F0 said:

Speaking of temporary tracks... Why don't they have a GP at Silesian Stadium?

The National Sports Stadium at Crystal Palace would be ideal. Far enough from high density housing, can accommodate 24,000 and has modern facilities. Could a temporary track be laid inside the 400m. athletics track?. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, customhouseregularisback said:

The National Sports Stadium at Crystal Palace would be ideal. Far enough from high density housing, can accommodate 24,000 and has modern facilities. Could a temporary track be laid inside the 400m. athletics track?. 

Alexander Stadium in Birmingham and Hampden Park (more cramped, but still less than Cardiff) would also be candidates in GB.

1 minute ago, longmeadow said:

Not sure west ham would want there stadium ripping up for a speedway meeting. They play there from august till may

The bottom tier is still retractable. They have athletics there every year - so the track could just be laid over the running track.

Regardless of the merits of alternatives, we have 2 GP's next year. All we need now is information on when tickets are available. I can't remember what date the Cardiff tickets went on sale last year, can anyone else? Also, it will be interesting to see if there is an early bird discount available this year.

34 minutes ago, erniew said:

it will be interesting to see if there is an early bird discount available this year.

I think it more likely that there should be a ballot due to the demand and limited capacity of the NSS.

• Like 1

We were planning to experience a GP in Torun next year so a bit disappointed it is not on the calendar and we can't do the Speedway of Nations dates. Any thoughts on which of the following venues would be best in terms of a combination of racing quality/stadium/location:

Landshut (staying in Munich)

Gorzow (staying in Poznan)

Riga

Wroclaw

Vojens (staying in Copenhagen)

Thanks

9 minutes ago, PaulBrummie said:

We were planning to experience a GP in Torun next year so a bit disappointed it is not on the calendar and we can't do the Speedway of Nations dates. Any thoughts on which of the following venues would be best in terms of a combination of racing quality/stadium/location:

Riga

Wroclaw

Thanks

Forget everything else- get yourself to Wroclaw !!

• Like 4

Been to prague gp three times. Not the greatest racing but a wonderful city. But i would agree with the last posters get out to poland. My partner is polish and whe went there on holiday this year. Didnt watch a grand prix but her home city club czestochowa in a extraliga match. Brilliant atmosphere and it is also very cheap. Went out every night for a week and still came home with money. Enjoy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulBrummie said:

Riga

Wroclaw

Thanks

I am also planning Prague, Riga and Wroclaw next year, anyone know what the ticket process for those above rounds?

The above 3 seem the easiest to get to. Wanted to do Warsaw as at least you know it won’t get rained off but I’m already away that weekend, Cardiff not really appealing.

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Forget everything else- get yourself to Wroclaw !!

Absolutely agree too. My favourite city in Poland, even though I'm not a Spartans fan particularly. Everything is bang on there, the city centre is fabulous, the stadium is wonderful and the racing is top notch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaulBrummie said:

Riga

Wroclaw

Thanks

I wouldn't bother with the GP series.

Go to a Polish league match between Lublin and Wroclaw.

That is the only way of finding out who the best rider in the world is.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan