British Speedway Forum

2025 World championship dates....OFFICIAL

Just now, mikebv said:

"Book Early"...

(Fred Pontin 1979)... 😝

I will be ready when they come on sale.Just feel there will be more than 6000 people ready to do the same.Don't suppose you have room for my tractor and trailer in your drive do you😄

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I will be ready when they come on sale.Just feel there will be more than 6000 people ready to do the same.Don't suppose you have room for my tractor and trailer in your drive do you😄

Depends on what you are prepared to pay...

Spare room for Air BnB too...😀

15 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Imo putting one at belle vue is a case of thinking inside the box, this is not about the have or have nots about BV but Cardiff was something different, it was the whole fan experience and that’s what’s new is needed now, a new fan experience and you ain’t getting that at belle vue, it’s not for me 

But the GP should be about the racing. Not everything that goes on but that like Cardiff. 

makes me laugh, well angry actually that everyone says they go Cardiff just for the day part, 

maybe just speedway fans are all alcoholics 

• Like 2

Also, if what I hear is correct belle Vue won’t be setting the ticket prices this time, WB will, so should be cheaper than SoN, won’t be Cardiff cheat (£20l but I’m guessing £50-70 grandstand, £40-£50 south, £30-£40 temp. 

Warner brothers paid us to host it apparently. But then they get all the ticket money. How it use to be under BSI

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Normally use Premier Inn Denton when I go to Belle Vue, just had a look at a two night stay from Friday June 13th and Saturday June 14th.

£310. 🤑

£185 for Saturday nite in middle of Manchester,  and people complain about Cardiff prices. Saying that Manchester is quite expensive for any Saturday nite these days 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

But the GP should be about the racing. Not everything that goes on but that like Cardiff. 

makes me laugh, well angry actually that everyone says they go Cardiff just for the day part, 

maybe just speedway fans are all alcoholics 

I went to Parken a couple of times and some of the sights I saw with folk the worse for wear for drink... one lad bouncing down the steps on his arse carrying one of them drinks holders with 6 pints in it because he lost his footing as he couldn't control his legs!

While I agree, as a purist, it's about the racing and competition you can't deny that a weekend in Copenhagen is a far better prospect than a weekend somewhere near Vojens... Skol 🍻

34 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

What nobody has mentioned yet, its only 10 GPs next year, this year we had 11. 

Is that the progress WBD has promised us when they took over to spread the speedway gospel across the globe?

I wonder if Aussie were in the running and WBD pulled the plug again?

17 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Disappointing that it’s a world championship having another year without a round outside Europe (Yes I know the UK technically isn’t Europe)

Apart from Poland speedway is a minority sport in other Countries.Moto GPS and Worldsuperbikes is a different story though for bike sport.50,000-100,000 fans make it World wide.Not a chance for a speedway Attendance.

37 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No mention yet of venues/how many Sprint rounds?

Hopefully we've seen the last of them... they added very little, if anything. 

Edited by IainB
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Novelty of Cardiff has worn off for sure... you wont get a better day out at any other track in the UK than prime Cardiff. 40000 ish year on year.

I am surprised they are still bothering to host it there now though with crowds of, apparently, less than 20,000.

That said, would you sell out Belle Vue if you could get 20,000 in there? Not a chance.

• Like 1

I think the one benefit from this addition of manchester is that it might at least provoke a bit of interest from the BBC in the days before and during the Event.

They have become very Manchester centric and biased in their reporting since relocating to Salford.

Hopefully for once Speedway can get some free publicity and a bit of a boost.

Certainly the BSPL should be all over this possible angle / spike in awareness.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think the one benefit from this addition of manchester is that it might at least provoke a bit of interest from the BBC in the days before and during the Event.

They have become very Manchester centric and biased in their reporting since relocating to Salford.

Hopefully for once Speedway can get some free publicity and a bit of a boost.

Certainly the BSPL should be all over this possible angle / spike in awareness.

They should have the Fan Zone down at media city then