British Speedway Forum

National League Development Series rounds at Ipswich and King's Lynn

Poole, Leicester (who didn't need to stage a round but did) and Berwick have all staged meetings.

By my reckoning, the other two clubs who have to stage a round are Ipswich and King's Lynn - I assume Plymouth don't, because of the British Under-21 semi-final.

Any idea when the dates will be?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Poole, Leicester (who didn't need to stage a round but did) and Berwick have all staged meetings.

By my reckoning, the other two clubs who have to stage a round are Ipswich and King's Lynn - I assume Plymouth don't, because of the British Under-21 semi-final.

Any idea when the dates will be?

I knew In march when announced we Ipswich wouldn’t fulfill that commitment 

56 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

they don need to as both teams ran structured 2nd halfs Jason Pipe sorted Lynn and i Think John Carpenter did Ippo

They had to enter the NJL or (more appropriately) the MDL. I didn't think either Ipswich or King's Lynn were in the MDL, although I could be wrong. 

18 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

They had to enter the NJL or (more appropriately) the MDL. I didn't think either Ipswich or King's Lynn were in the MDL, although I could be wrong. 

I thought they also said or a structured second half with races and not riders just doing laps would suffice

• Like 2

Lynn put on some 2nd halves for 250cc & 500cc classes on at least two occasions, possibly three. I was told these were done instead of staging a round.

Got my first sight of William Cairns riding as well. Very impressive. 

Edit:

Just looked back over my programmes and 2nd halves staged after Ipswich (25/07), Sheffield (29/07), Oxford (22/08) & Sheffield (29/08). All done to coincide with school holidays.

Edited by Speedball

51 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Lynn put on some 2nd halves for 250cc & 500cc classes on at least two occasions, possibly three. I was told these were done instead of staging a round.

Got my first sight of William Cairns riding as well. Very impressive. 

2 or 3?  Should be around 6 at the minimum. That's the half the meetings and would be the equivalent of entering a second half junior team.  Either clubs are committed to helping out British youngsters or they're not. No half measures. 

Edited by lucifer sam

4 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

2 or 3?  Should be around 6 at the minimum. That's the half the meetings and would be the equivalent of entering a second half junior team.  Even clubs are committed to helping out British youngsters or they're not. No half measures. 

Not sure if you saw my edited post but it was four and probably should have been five but for the Leicester call off. That was re-arranged for early September on the week kids went back to school. 

I agree that clubs should do more and would have liked us to have staged a round, but it’s not right to say we did nothing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Not sure if you saw my edited post but it was four and probably should have been five but for the Leicester call off. That was re-arranged for early September on the week kids went back to school. 

I agree that clubs should do more and would have liked us to have staged a round, but it’s not right to say we did nothing.

Yeah, that is something. Seems to be more than Ipswich did!