British Speedway Forum

Lions v Aces POF 2nd leg

36 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

fricke kurtz Lidsey have all re-arranged their plans to get to czech republic for GP challenge it's a joke if the meeting doesn't go ahead !!

So they will still get to the GP challenge even if it is postponed. I'm sure they would all prefer a safe dry track next week. The weather down here is horrendous.

Would rather see a raceable track than a 'rideable' one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

fricke kurtz Lidsey have all re-arranged their plans to get to czech republic for GP challenge it's a joke if the meeting doesn't go ahead !!

There can hardly have been anyone in the UK and central europe, over the past few weeks, who hasn't been directly or indirectly effected by the need to cancel or change travel plans. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Though that was all sorted out?

Track drainage will only take so much, if all the drains are full it's just going to back up. We had floods last Thursday, it continued to rain on Friday, it has been consistently raining for the last 36 hours and it's due to continue overnight until tomorrow morning and be dull for the rest of the day... I fear the damage may already be done for Thursday. 

5 minutes ago, IainB said:

Track drainage will only take so much, if all the drains are full it's just going to back up. We had floods last Thursday, it continued to rain on Friday, it has been consistently raining for the last 36 hours and it's due to continue overnight until tomorrow morning and be dull for the rest of the day... I fear the damage may already be done for Thursday. 

The landlord has seen the track and wasn't hopeful. This was a few days ago

20 minutes ago, IainB said:

Perhaps they should have connected the drains to the main drainage network?

4 minutes ago, SpeedwaySlider72 said:

Perhaps they should have connected the drains to the main drainage network?

I was near the stadium on Saturday and water was just coming up out of the main drain network!

Just move it to King's Lynn and get the season done because the weather isn't going to improve at this time of the year.

Chances of Leicester pulling back the defecit are slim anyway because not only are they 18 points down but they also won't have any Home track advantage after the amount of rain the track has taken over the last week.

Belle Vue would have to do one of the biggest chokes in Speedway history to throw this one anyway imo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TTT said:

Just move it to King's Lynn and get the season done because the weather isn't going to improve at this time of the year.

Chances of Leicester pulling back the defecit are slim anyway because not only are they 18 points down but they also won't have any Home track advantage after the amount of rain the track has taken over the last week.

Belle Vue would have to do one of the biggest chokes in Speedway history to throw this one anyway imo.

You'll be lucky if you want it Thursday. Plenty of rain here over the last few days. 

• Like 1

With no doubt the Aussies in both teams will be eager to return home ready for their summer season. So if cancelled Thursday it could end up a farcial situation.With both clubs operating with 6 man teams or guest riders

Edited by Youhave2minutes
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, IainB said:

I was near the stadium on Saturday and water was just coming up out of the main drain network!

We've had about 50% of the entire months rainfall in just one week and twice the amount of what Manchester has had for an example. It's been the wettest September in Leicestershire for over 20 years. I'm not entirely sure what people think we could do realistically to make it any better?

Edited by 40-38
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 40-38 said:

We've had about 50% of the entire months rainfall in just one week and twice the amount of what Manchester has had for an example. It's been the wettest September in Leicestershire for over 20 years. I'm not entirely sure what people think we could do realistically to make it any better?

Got knocked out by BV in the semi like should have happened? :D

7 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

According to my forecast the last rain fall will be around 11am tomorrow morning in Leicester. Should this be true maybe a few volunteers can bring their wives hairdryers so we can help dry the track out 😁

In 1977 Gothenburg had a jet engine on the back of a car drying the track at the World Final...

East Mids airport isn't too far away is it? 

• Haha 1

Just to let everyone know, all that can be done is being done. We have had unprecedented amout of rain this month. Last Fri I pumped off any standing water,  Saturday I let it dry , was best to stay off the track, you can do more harm than good if you try and work it while it's to wet.

Sunday I worked the track for 6 hours, it was bladed several times, wheeled many times, spun in, then graded, finally packing it for an hour with the lorry,  if I knew how to post a pic of how it looked on Sunday I would, it looked really good.

Monday and today we have had nothing but rain! My pump has been working since a week last Sunday.

Sam has been up today to get any surface water off, horrible job in the wet and cold.

As soon as is possible the track will be worked on tomorrow and Thurs,  we are trying, very hard !!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Why Kings Lynn Birmingham is nearer for both sets of fans.

1 hour ago, 1stbender said:

According to my forecast the last rain fall will be around 11am tomorrow morning in Leicester. Should this be true maybe a few volunteers can bring their wives hairdryers so we can help dry the track out 😁

So you think a load of blowjobs will honestly do the trick

Edited by Youhave2minutes