British Speedway Forum

Lions v Aces POF 2nd leg

4 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

I'd have thought that must be the case. Presumably Fricke and Becker are delaying going, so Kurtz must be too.

Let's hope he doesn't take a leaf from Ivan Mauger's book and miss it to prepare for the meeting. Hopefully it'll be good weather, 2 full teams... and a Lions victory 🦁 🏆 🏅 

Edited by IainB
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

I'd say that weakens us around BP. There's a reason he was dropped for Cook.

Not that much difference between him and Kerr id say, but didn't massively follow his scores at BP. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Not that much difference between him and Kerr id say, but didn't massively follow his scores at BP. 

Kerr got 7 for Lions v Ipswich and 8 for KL v Lions at BP. You could argue there's not much difference scores wise but Kerr always seems quicker if out in front and a bit more aggressive which you need in the first bend at Leicester I think.

• Like 1

Just now, therefused said:

I wouldnt worry too much, i would say there is around 5% chance the meeting even happens Thursday (or takes place at Leicester at all for that matter)

Reason ??? fine dry sunny days forecast weds / Thursday? track can't be that bad ? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Reason ??? fine dry sunny days forecast weds / Thursday? track can't be that bad ? 

the amount of rain in the area yesterday and today may have ruined it already, Leicester arent exactly known for dealing with a wet track particularly well so the damage may well be done. 

1 hour ago, therefused said:

the amount of rain in the area yesterday and today may have ruined it already, Leicester arent exactly known for dealing with a wet track particularly well so the damage may well be done. 

we all know about Leicester's track drainage etc ? it won't go down well if it's called off thursday with dry weather weds& thurs ?🙃

1 hour ago, therefused said:

I'm desperately trying not to be pessimistic here! It's raining heavily four miles from the track. The forecast is for the heavy rain to continue into the evening and then light rain is forecast until the early hours of Wednesday.  The forecast is much better for the rest of tomorrow and Thursday but it will take a miracle to get the track rideable, let alone raceable! I fear that, if the meeting goes ahead, it will be farcical!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

we all know about Leicester's track drainage etc ? it won't go down well if it's called off thursday with dry weather weds& thurs ?🙃

Dry weather only means no rain forecast, probably won't be warm enough to dry anything out sufficiently for the meeting to go ahead, or if it does, won't be a great spectacle 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Dry weather only means no rain forecast, probably won't be warm enough to dry anything out sufficiently for the meeting to go ahead, or if it does, won't be a great spectacle 

fricke kurtz Lidsey have all re-arranged their plans to get to czech republic for GP challenge it's a joke if the meeting doesn't go ahead !!

• Like 1