British Speedway Forum

Lions v Aces POF 2nd leg

AceBelle

Wow the forecast down there and they talk about Manchester, we are tenth on the list of wettest  cities in a recent survey, Leicester doesnt feature at all, appears to be having rainfall way above the norm at present. Hope it starts to clear up.

45 minutes ago, IainB said:

I've just spent the last hour sweeping water down the drain away from my mum's house as it was about to flood the house out, it literally appeared while I was having a cup of tea, the water table must be so high at the moment... the last time it did that was about 35 years ago, I live a mile and a half from the track, with more rain due tonight and forecast for Sunday I can see this being put back to Thursday at the earliest!

and they call manchester for rain 🤣 another example of a poor track and meetings cancelled 😡 no matter how wet it was in manchester the meeting was on !! ah well sweeping the water away is like your title dreams  down the drain 😉

3 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

and they call manchester for rain 🤣 another example of a poor track and meetings cancelled 😡 no matter how wet it was in manchester the meeting was on !! ah well sweeping the water away is like your title dreams  down the drain 😉

Didn't you cancel a meeting because of a leaky pipe? Leicester never done that 😂😂😂

Edited by IainB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, IainB said:

Didn't you cancel a meeting because of a leaky pipe? Leicester never done that 😂😂😂

and we have never had to ride a final on a neutral venue because we couldn't get a raceable track either 🤣

1 hour ago, Catalan said:

How do you know?

He was booked an assessment this weekend

I think it's unlikely he rides again this season imo, the fact he's booked an assessment tells you it wasn't a mild concussion, I'm sure he's desperate to get back but just don't think it's worth the risk. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

and we have never had to ride a final on a neutral venue because we couldn't get a raceable track either 🤣

That's because you're never in any finals 😜

Welcome to the big time!

Edited by IainB

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Wow the forecast down there and they talk about Manchester, we are tenth on the list of wettest  cities in a recent survey, Leicester doesnt feature at all, appears to be having rainfall way above the norm at present. Hope it starts to clear up.

I think in the past week we've knocked Manchester into a cocked hat for rain. Unfortunately the same can't be said for on the track 🤣

13 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

He's a Belle Vue fan.   They've been in the play-off final 3 of the last 4 years.  

Wasn't their last title before that in the last century?!?

Before global warming 😂😂

Edited by IainB

Just now, RoundTheBoards said:

I believe their last play-off final before 2021 was 2016, and then 2015.

Please don't spoil my Ace bashing with  facts 😂

• Haha 1