British Speedway Forum

Lions v Aces POF 2nd leg

12. Brady Kurtz 3, 3, 3, 2, 2 = 13 (Q)
10. Anders Thomsen 2, 1, 3, 3, 3 = 12 (Q)
15. Dominik Kubera 3, 3, 1, 3, 1 = 11 (Q)
14. Max Fricke 2, 3, 2, 1, 3 = 11 (Q)
--------------------------------------------------------
1. Jacob Thorssell 3, 3, 2, 0, 2 = 10
11. Kevin Wölbert 0, 2, 1, 3, 2 = 8
2. Przemyslaw Pawlicki 2, 2, 0, 2, 2 = 8
6. Kacper Woryna 0, X, 3, 1, 3 = 7
7. Jan Kvech 2, 1, 0, 3, 0 = 6
9. Frederik Jakobsen 1, 2, X, 0, 3 = 6
3. Patryk Dudek 1, 0, 3, 1, 1 = 6
16. Rasmus Jensen 1, 2, 0, 2, 1 = 6
5. Kai Huckenbeck 3, 0, 2, X, X = 5
4. Jaimon Lidsey 0, 0, 1, 2, 1 = 4
8. Tom Brennan 1, 1, 1, 1, 0 = 4
13. Paco Castagna 0, 1, 2, 0, N = 3

17. Jan Macek 0 = 0
18. Daniel Klima DNR

47 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Don't understand what you mean about Mauger?  In the World Championship, you had to qualify, and your performance in one round didn't impact the next - the draw wasn't seeded.

Finishing top of the League is meaningless, but the teams still have to finish in the top 4 - Leicester proved in 2023 that it's possible to get that 

It was at the 1979 InterContinental Final at London's White City. Ivan and Finn Thomsen had both finished on 10 points, so a run-off for third place was needed. Ivan gated and led all the way until the very last bend when his bike had an engine failure. Or so we all thought. He deliberately shut his throttle off because he didn't want to finish third. He knew the rider who finished third would have two rides on the trot in the World Final and Ivan didn't want that. I would wager the other 15 riders that day would not have known that.

Such was his attention to detail that he missed out on a podium finish and prize money because he saw the bigger picture. It certainly paid off because the great man won his record-breaking sixth World Final that year. Legend!

• Like 2

Dudek not making it..

Cynical old me but him getting two Wild Cards's this year looked like an attempt by the organisers for him to show his capability...

Be interesting to see who gets the permanent Wild Cards next year now.. 

😉

31 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Dudek not making it..

Cynical old me but him getting two Wild Cards's this year looked like an attempt by the organisers for him to show his capability...

Be interesting to see who gets the permanent Wild Cards next year now.. 

😉

Good candidates who didn't complete the season ...

10 hours ago, 40-38 said:

It often works a it better than it did last night on B1/2, but it's not really an outside, as if you go too wide you end up in the fence as you come to the straight. That's why Bewley doesn't always go that well at BP, but his gating has got much better which makes a huge difference and I think his track craft has improved as well.

I'd be interested to hear what BTFC Lion would suggest being the track man, because there is quite a large gap between the fence and the maximum width on B3/4 which is nigh on useless for the reasons suggested above. The banking on B1/2 hasn't seemed as effective as it did last year either.

If time money and weather were not a problem,  I would shorten the straights by bringing in the kerb on both ends, banking the track from airbag to kerb,

By doing that it would enable riders to enter the bends on different lines hence giving them more options while in the bends. 

In the winter I would hope to get the motor blade on the track and do as much as we can to get rid of the off camber on turns 3 and 4.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

If time money and weather were not a problem,  I would shorten the straights by bringing in the kerb on both ends, banking the track from airbag to kerb,

By doing that it would enable riders to enter the bends on different lines hence giving them more options while in the bends. 

In the winter I would hope to get the motor blade on the track and do as much as we can to get rid of the off camber on turns 3 and 4.  

I agree, there are a few tracks that would benefit from bringing in the kerb on both ends, banking the track from airbag to kerb

2 hours ago, ouch said:

It was at the 1979 InterContinental Final at London's White City. Ivan and Finn Thomsen had both finished on 10 points, so a run-off for third place was needed. Ivan gated and led all the way until the very last bend when his bike had an engine failure. Or so we all thought. He deliberately shut his throttle off because he didn't want to finish third. He knew the rider who finished third would have two rides on the trot in the World Final and Ivan didn't want that. I would wager the other 15 riders that day would not have known that.

Such was his attention to detail that he missed out on a podium finish and prize money because he saw the bigger picture. It certainly paid off because the great man won his record-breaking sixth World Final that year. Legend!

Thanks. I didn't realise that the riding order for the Final had already been determined.

• Thanks 1