British Speedway Forum

Lions v Aces POF 2nd leg

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Truth hurts. Your a Leicester fan .They even altered the bends to try and improve the racing after a couple of seasons.You have speedway though.

You only get passing if the faster rider is behind or the one in front makes a mistake.  That happened infrequently last night.

WOW, super proud of the boys. From start of play offs to end they gave there all, unbelievable performances. 

It’s the top hitters that win you titles and these stats for our top 3 are insane. This is where it was won 

Kurtz averaged 9.3 in the final  (9.41 in play offs)
Lidsey averaged 8.4 in the final  (8 in play offs)
Bewley averaged 12 in the final  (10.2 in play offs)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Sorry in my eyes the team that finishes top of the league are the champions having been the most consistent over the season.

Like I said so b/vue finished top last year so we are still champions 🏆 

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

Looked like Leicester used all their luck up in the semi final maybe that was their Cup Final, as to speak.

Didn't think we had much bad luck last night. We just weren't that good and got beaten by the better team.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

They spent 30 mins on the first bend with all the fans...

And Mark Lemon walked amongst them all with the trophy...

Must have been a good 400 or so from BV..

I suggest the BSP seed them to the final every year as they seem to be the only club that takes a decent following away from home...

Kurtz and Bewley majestic, on a track that is sadly woeful, they turned their bikes inside out to get traction and get by their opponents...

The track staff must have done a sterling job to get the meeting on, just a shame that the bloody shape renders the racing so processional...

All the Aces "did their job" and beat their direct numbers or packed in comfortably for second and third...

Great atmosphere on the first bend, a bit like "the old days" when more attended the sport...

Edit.

How about a European Final v Lublin to start next season...:D 

How about having a British team in the Extraliga more like !

How great would that be. Would have to be Belle Vue as it's the only decent British track available. 

• Like 1

Just been on the phone to dad who was at the meeting last night. Said the atmosphere and crowd was terrific. Everywhere was packed out and the belle vue fans were making great noise.  He did arrive very early to the track and got let in. He spoke to one of the track men and was adamant the track shouldn't be watered at all, guess what Stewart decides it needs watering does the exact opposite of what should have been done. Oh well Belle Vue probably would have still won anyways. It's a shame that few hundred lions supporters left at the interval. Think they had seen enough. I gave up after heat 2. Becker was terrible, Kemp tries but isn't getting any better. Hagon got stuck in but that's about it. What I did find out is how the programme was bumped to a fiver. 5quid for a programme is a rip off. What a shame.  Changes are needed next season for sure. Proper number 5 and new number 6. Wouldn't even mind bringing bad boy Morris back to ride at 4. We will see anyways. Congrats to Belle Vue and already looking forward to next season! 

Edited by FishersGate
Spelling
  • Like 2

Only 6 heat winners for Leicester summarise the meeting pretty well from their point of view.

on the whole Leicester had riders who fell well short of their averages over the season

Belle Vue had a great first leg and came to Leicester not trying to defend a lead but give it everything they had and came out with a win a Leicester

8 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Sorry in my eyes the team that finishes top of the league are the champions having been the most consistent over the season.

The thing is for the league campaign, teams are going to compete knowing the rules as set out at the beginning (stop laughing at the back). When Brady was out we had Harris as a guest one time and then run rider replacement. I’m sure if it was a must win meeting we would’ve done things differently. Same with riders in each individual race, they race a lot differently when titles are on the line than they do for just some qualifier. I remember Ivan used to feign an engine failure so he could get a more favourable position in the next round. It’s all about the end result and because of this the league table means nothing and if it did then teams would do their upmost to finish top. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AceBelle said:

Like I said so b/vue finished top last year so we are still champions 🏆 

Yes you’re right Belle Vue finished top last year and in my eyes the best team over the season ,so they were the champions

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fromafar said:

1. Jacob Thorssell 3, 3
2. Przemyslaw Pawlicki 2, 2
3. Patrick Dudek 1
4. Jaimon Lidsey 0
5. Kai Huckenbeck 3, 0
6. Kacper Woryna 0, X
7. Jan Kvech 2
8. Tom Brennan 1
9. Frederik Jakobsen 1, 2
10. Anders Thomsen 2, 1
11. Kevin Wölbert 0
12. Brady Kurtz 3
13. Paco Castagna 0, 1
14. Max Fricke 2, 3
15. Dominik Kubera 3
16. Rasmus Jensen 1

17. Jan Macek
18. Daniel Klim

Would like to see him qualify

1. Jacob Thorssell 3, 3, 2
12. Brady Kurtz 3, 3
15. Dominik Kubera 3, 3
14. Max Fricke 2, 3
--------------------------------------------------------
2. Przemyslaw Pawlicki 2, 2
5. Kai Huckenbeck 3, 0
6. Kacper Woryna 0, X, 3
10. Anders Thomsen 2, 1
9. Frederik Jakobsen 1, 2
7. Jan Kvech 2, 1
11. Kevin Wölbert 0, 2, 1
16. Rasmus Jensen 1, 2, 0
8. Tom Brennan 1, 1
3. Patryk Dudek 1, 0
13. Paco Castagna 0, 1
4. Jaimon Lidsey 0, 0

17. Jan Macek
18. Daniel Klima

3 hours ago, ouch said:

The thing is for the league campaign, teams are going to compete knowing the rules as set out at the beginning (stop laughing at the back). When Brady was out we had Harris as a guest one time and then run rider replacement. I’m sure if it was a must win meeting we would’ve done things differently. Same with riders in each individual race, they race a lot differently when titles are on the line than they do for just some qualifier. I remember Ivan used to feign an engine failure so he could get a more favourable position in the next round. It’s all about the end result and because of this the league table means nothing and if it did then teams would do their upmost to finish top. 

Don't understand what you mean about Mauger?  In the World Championship, you had to qualify, and your performance in one round didn't impact the next - the draw wasn't seeded.

Finishing top of the League is meaningless, but the teams still have to finish in the top 4 - Leicester proved in 2023 that it's possible to get that badly wrong.

2 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Don't understand what you mean about Mauger?  In the World Championship, you had to qualify, and your performance in one round didn't impact the next - the draw wasn't seeded.

Finishing top of the League is meaningless, but the teams still have to finish in the top 4 - Leicester proved in 2023 that it's possible to get that badly wrong.

Your finishing position did get you your starting number in the next round, at least on one occasion I remember..

Hence Ivan would try and deliver his preferred position, two inside gates..

• Thanks 1

12. Brady Kurtz 3, 3, 3, 2
1. Jacob Thorssell 3, 3, 2, 0
14. Max Fricke 2, 3, 2, 1
15. Dominik Kubera 3, 3, 1
11. Kevin Wölbert 0, 2, 1, 3
7. Jan Kvech 2, 1, 0, 3
10. Anders Thomsen 2, 1, 3
2. Przemyslaw Pawlicki 2, 2, 0, 2
5. Kai Huckenbeck 3, 0, 2
3. Patryk Dudek 1, 0, 3
8. Tom Brennan 1, 1, 1, 1
6. Kacper Woryna 0, X, 3
13. Paco Castagna 0, 1, 2, 0
16. Rasmus Jensen 1, 2, 0
9. Frederik Jakobsen 1, 2, X
4. Jaimon Lidsey 0, 0, 1

17. Jan Macek
18. Daniel Klima

0. Anders Thomsen 2, 1, 3, 3, 3 = 12 (Q)
12. Brady Kurtz 3, 3, 3, 2
15. Dominik Kubera 3, 3, 1, 3, 1 = 11 (Q)
1. Jacob Thorssell 3, 3, 2, 0, 2 = 10
14. Max Fricke 2, 3, 2, 1
11. Kevin Wölbert 0, 2, 1, 3
7. Jan Kvech 2, 1, 0, 3
2. Przemyslaw Pawlicki 2, 2, 0, 2
5. Kai Huckenbeck 3, 0, 2, X
3. Patryk Dudek 1, 0, 3, 1
16. Rasmus Jensen 1, 2, 0, 2
6. Kacper Woryna 0, X, 3, 1
8. Tom Brennan 1, 1, 1, 1, 0 = 4
13. Paco Castagna 0, 1, 2, 0