British Speedway Forum

Lions v Aces POF 2nd leg

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Truth hurts. Your a Leicester fan .They even altered the bends to try and improve the racing after a couple of seasons.You have speedway though.

What do you mean truth? I know the shape is crap. I'd just like some of those on here to do something about it rather than keep moaning if it's so offensive to them.

I must say the track was in absolute mint condition tonight so no excuses on that front, so a massive well done to everybody in getting into shape. Those in attendance will have seen by the standing water still around the stadium how wet it has been. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tyler42 said:

I wonder if Kelv, doesn’t know any other word than " I suggest" I think he would have broke his own record tonight!!!

He must be getting old. Puts "Young" before every rider's name, he'd be saying Young Scott Nicholls if he was commentating on Oxford matches

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

What do you mean truth? I know the shape is crap. I'd just like some of those on here to do something about it rather than keep moaning if it's so offensive to them.

The other week it was suggested that the Sheffield was crap and dangerous, though it's been running trouble free meetings for over 50 years

This week it's the Leicester track that's crap. 

A month ago it was the Ipswich track that was crap.

Strikes me that the NSS track is the only track that's worth riding on

Perhaps they should close all the other tracks and have all teams riding the NSS 

They would have meetings every night of the week and be rolling in it

That should do it.

• Like 3

I honestly feel they've really ruined the league this year.

You'll always get people who say "Sheffield are the true Champions" even though they're not.

Whereas (correctly) Belle Vue are the Champions. The reasoning being, everyone knew the rules before the season.

But this year as they just made up the play-off pairings, I find it hard to celebrate Belle Vue as fair or deserving winners.

Belle Vue should have beaten Leicester in the semi-finals & if they met Sheffield in the finals, would've won that too.

But the doubt of would Ipswich have beaten Sheffield in the semi's & therefore met Belle Vue in the final can never be answered.

You shouldn't have to have a discussion / argument over wether we have rightful league champions, is they simply just followed the rule book.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You really think someone on here can do what you are asking.!!!🤔

No, nor do I think anyone outside will either. So what I'm driving at is this: the shape is poor, so is the racing, with some exceptions. So can we maybe move on and stop it becoming the topic of conversation, especially when a team have won the league and that's more worthy of conversation.

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

You'll always get people who say "Sheffield are the true Champions" even though they're not.

Whereas (correctly) Belle Vue are the Champions. The reasoning being, everyone knew the rules before the season.

But this year as they just made up the play-off pairings, I find it hard to celebrate Belle Vue as fair or deserving winners.

Belle Vue should have beaten Leicester in the semi-finals & if they met Sheffield in the finals, would've won that too.

But the doubt of would Ipswich have beaten Sheffield in the semi's & therefore met Belle Vue in the final can never be answered.

You shouldn't have to have a discussion / argument over wether we have rightful league champions, is they simply just followed the rule book.

100% 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, IainB said:

I must say the track was in absolute mint condition tonight so no excuses on that front, so a massive well done to everybody in getting into shape. Those in attendance will have seen by the standing water still around the stadium how wet it has been. 

It was really impressive and credit must go to the track staff. It was still partly under water on Sunday so I'm told. Just look at how quick Bewley and Kurtz were, shows the track was really smooth.

Edited by 40-38
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I felt the same when they tried to dispense with the rule book in ‘22 but we had to make them abide by it and last year when they DID dispense with the rule book and Sheffield won. Rules are a joke and it’s hard to get excited by this sport but well done Aces. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Great how the Aces are rubbing in how crap the Lions are 

Crap? They finished 2nd in the league, made the playoffs and whilst missing their first choice number 6 were beaten by a team over two legs who have hit form at exactly the right time with two big hitters being exceptional.
Congratulations to the Aces on being unquestionably the best team & deserved winners of the playoffs. 
And congratulations to the Lions on achieving the clubs highest position in top tier racing. 
And to the remaining 5 Premier league clubs of 2024, many thanks for doing your best, and good luck for next season. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

I felt the same when they tried to dispense with the rule book in ‘22 but we had to make them abide by it and last year when they DID dispense with the rule book and Sheffield won. Rules are a joke and it’s hard to get excited by this sport but well done Aces. 

Belle Vue beat the two other possible title challengers convincingly over two legs, whichever way round people feel it should have been.

Looking at the crowd it's hard to argue as well that the play offs aren't a star event in a season, whatever you feel about the validity of them for choosing a winner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Because the rules are changed midway  through the season I'm going to change them myself now. Kings Lynn are true champions now :rofl:

What a damp squib of a meeting. Was there finally a pass after the 2nd bend in heat 15?

Fricke always goes missing in the big meetings. He ensured the Lions had no chance with one win in 8 races. Pathetic.

Becker was awful. 
An absolutely dreadful meeting devoid of passing or action.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

No, nor do I think anyone outside will either. So what I'm driving at is this: the shape is poor, so is the racing, with some exceptions. So can we maybe move on and stop it becoming the topic of conversation, especially when a team have won the league and that's more worthy of conversation.

There have been good meetings at Leicester in the past though, I remember Doyle and Magic used have some good battles with  plenty of passing 

Congratulations to Belle Vue on another title winning season.

The Aces beat the team that finished the top of the league, and the team that finished 2nd in Final.

For those reasons they deserve the title.

We all know the rules at the start of the season make sure you finish in the top 4 and get to Play Offs,

I am a fan of the Play Offs and they add extra excitement to the sport, so no complaints from me about my team top the league, Belle Vue are the champs this season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tyler42 said:

I wonder if Kelv, doesn’t know any other word than " I suggest" I think he would have broke his own record tonight!!!

At least he's cut out that "half sensible" cobblers, he was using a few weeks ago!!... I'm sure it was for a bet with his mates or something! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Good of the aces riders to do a lap of honour for the fans NOT.

They spent 30 mins on the first bend with all the fans...

And Mark Lemon walked amongst them all with the trophy...

Must have been a good 400 or so from BV..

I suggest the BSP seed them to the final every year as they seem to be the only club that takes a decent following away from home...

Kurtz and Bewley majestic, on a track that is sadly woeful, they turned their bikes inside out to get traction and get by their opponents...

The track staff must have done a sterling job to get the meeting on, just a shame that the bloody shape renders the racing so processional...

All the Aces "did their job" and beat their direct numbers or packed in comfortably for second and third...

Great atmosphere on the first bend, a bit like "the old days" when more attended the sport...

Edit.

How about a European Final v Lublin to start next season...:D 

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3