British Speedway Forum

Lions v Aces POF 2nd leg

AceBelle

54 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I have just looked at the weather forecast for Sunday and Monday and it’s horrendous.

Met office: dry Friday and Saturday, light Rain possible from 4pm Sunday, dry from 4am Monday for the rest of the day, so I don't class that as horrendous.

If the that forecast is correct there is no excuse for the meeting not being  on. That said forecasts can change at any time so who knows. 

Checking Net Weather (who are pretty good) its an even better forecast, so fingers crossed. 

Edited by SUPERACE

10 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Met office: dry Friday and Saturday, light Rain possible from 4pm Sunday, dry from 4am Monday for the rest of the day, so I don't class that as horrendous.

If the that forecast is correct there is no excuse for the meeting not being  on. That said forecasts can change at any time so who knows. 

Checking Net Weather (who are pretty good) its an even better forecast, so fingers crossed. 

Leicester hasn't got B.Vue's drainage. It is a notoriously difficult track to get dry quickly, so bad the play off final had to be run at K Lynn a couple of years ago.

43 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I refer you to Big Al's post earlier, and also to say that the ground is absolutely sodden in the Leicester area, when we had the downpour again yesterday everywhere was flooding again, so any work they'd managed to do when it was dry yesterday is likely to have been overwhelmed again.

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Leicester hasn't got B.Vue's drainage. It is a notoriously difficult track to get dry quickly, so bad the play off final had to be run at K Lynn a couple of years ago.

I'm not a track man, but if it does stay dry Friday and Sat, then there is no excuse for it not to be in a good condition by Sunday.  I think they have done work on the drainage since the play off and Jubilee fiasco, so hopefully that helps.  The weather was poor for the semi final V Ipswich and i though the track held up well.   My concern is the weather forecast changing again.  If not lets go to Kings Lynn, I've heard our guest NKI goes well there 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

I refer you to Big Al's post earlier, and also to say that the ground is absolutely sodden in the Leicester area, when we had the downpour again yesterday everywhere was flooding again, so any work they'd managed to do when it was dry yesterday is likely to have been overwhelmed again.

If as forecast it stays dry Friday and Saturday, then that should be enough to get a track ready to race.  Then just need to hope Sunday isn't too bad rain. 

48 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

A Leicester fan I spoke with on Monday said it's been drastically improved since then, you're so living in the past down there on the south coast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nw42 said:

A Leicester fan I spoke with on Monday said it's been drastically improved since then, you're so living in the past down there on the south coast. 

How great is the improvement? Well who can forget last October's NDL Cup final v Mildenhall? 🫣

The track condition is not being helped this afternoon as it is absolutely chucking it down again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Gemini said:

The track condition is not being helped this afternoon as it is absolutely chucking it down again. 

Not a chance it would ever have gone ahead tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

just award the trophy to us, job done, enjoy the winter, see you in march

Hold your horses... there's still 35 days of the season left, there's no rush, sounds like you're worried 🚽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Now we have torrential hailstones. The street is awash, running down all the roads again. It's a wonder it's not submerged.

1 hour ago, 40-38 said:

Now we have torrential hailstones. The street is awash, running down all the roads again. It's a wonder it's not submerged.

meeting is on monday not now !! Met office forecast is dry overcast day no excuse not to ride !!!

19 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

monday is fine dry overcast day according to Met office APP

I've just spent the last hour sweeping water down the drain away from my mum's house as it was about to flood the house out, it literally appeared while I was having a cup of tea, the water table must be so high at the moment... the last time it did that was about 35 years ago, I live a mile and a half from the track, with more rain due tonight and forecast for Sunday I can see this being put back to Thursday at the earliest!

Edited by IainB