British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

From a team managers perspective , it would be beneficial to know the reasons behind his inconsistency. Because when he’s good he’s great & definitely look like he can build on his average. But then there’s the other side of his performance. 
overall, he looks on the up, so yes he should be on the “possibles” list

He was fantastic at Foxhall late this season, in terms of his speed.

1 hour ago, IainB said:
Ficke 9.14
DJW 8.67
Lawson 7.09
Brennan 6.69
Zack Cook 5.57
Luke Killeen 2.61
JT            RS

Don't bother me with the averages not being right

Unlikely you get JT as an RS as you have second to last pick .

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Except for the appalling lack of raking on the back straight terraces.

You're correct. Another opportunity missed by the original owner/designer from the outset (the track being the other)
Apparently the original concept for the back straight terrace was to fit two rows of seats from  the back down leaving the front row (where folk stand now) as the walk way to provide access to the seats similar to the two home straight stands. 
As the seats didn't turn up we are left with the base to stand on.
Overall though still a good facility overall to view the action from. 

Edited by 1 valve

Just now, SUPERACE said:

Unlikely you get JT as an RS as you have second to last pick .

Lucky them then!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IainB said:
Ficke 9.14
DJW 8.67
Lawson 7.09
Brennan 6.69
Zack Cook 5.57
Luke Killeen 2.61
JT            RS

Don't bother me with the averages not being right

Forget my last post I was thinking of Jenkins not Thompson.  Unlikely anyone before you will pick Thompson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Any takers If it's a 40.00 limit?

1. Fricke

2. Sedgmen

3. Douglas

4. Lawson

5. Masters

6. Mountain

7. (RS)

No better than this years team, reasonably solid, but won't win you the league. I'd want Sedgmen at 6 with a re-jig of the middle order (much of a muchness) to accommodate an 8 pointer to support Fricke. Easier said than done though with points limits and rider availability/affordability to consider.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TTT said:

Any takers If it's a 40.00 limit?

1. Fricke

2. Sedgmen

3. Douglas

4. Lawson

5. Masters

6. Mountain

7. (RS)

1. Fricke

2. Lawson

3. Masters

4. Becker

5. Lambert (Robert)

6. Mountain

7. Thompson (j)

Edited by 1 valve
  • Haha 1

I have to state my pure disbelief at a photo that has just come to light of the Leicester club owners standing on top of the  air fence celebrating with the Belle Vue fans when they secured the league title . 

You have to ask just how committed are the Cairns family to Leicester Speedway when they are so publicly cerebrating when  the club they own have just been beaten in the final .

It is like a knife in the back of all Leicester fans.

6 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I have to state my pure disbelief at a photo that has just come to light of the Leicester club owners standing on top of the  air fence celebrating with the Belle Vue fans when they secured the league title . 

You have to ask just how committed are the Cairns family to Leicester Speedway when they are so publicly cerebrating when  the club they own have just been beaten in the final .

If I owned a club and there was several hundred away fans at £20+ a head, I’d be celebrating with them to ££££..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

You wonder if he bought the club just to make it easier for his kid to practice whenever he wanted.  What he will have paid for the club won’t have put a dent in his net worth.  
You wonder if when William turns 16 if he doesn’t become the Aces RS after riding for the Colts this season and agreeing to do 2025 also 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

I haven't seen the photo but it would peedle me off seeing that. I know he's not from Leicester but surely common sense prevails. I think his main focus is the youth side at Leicester, like how he's put in the mini training track in the centre green. Time will tell if he puts money in the club for new grand stand. I know he shared the drainage costs with DH and the Bates when the club was sold. He has also paid 2 years rent up front. If that's keen on the kids developing then surely moving down a league would be the perfect scenario but I highly doubt that's going to happen. 

Edited by FishersGate
Spelling

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

Not the owner, just the owners son, who was just enjoying the atmosphere we was creating. 

he also rides for our club. So really nothing to see here 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not the owner, just the owners son, who was just enjoying the atmosphere we was creating. 

he also rides for our club. So really nothing to see here 

Spot on..

He seemed to be what he is...

ie A young kid enjoying the moment with fans of the team he rides for, fans who some of which will have watched him ride for the Colts..

I would imagine he therefore feels an affinity with those who run Belle Vue given the relationship he has built with them..

6 hours ago, 4BenMoran said:

You wonder if he bought the club just to make it easier for his kid to practice whenever he wanted.  What he will have paid for the club won’t have put a dent in his net worth.  
You wonder if when William turns 16 if he doesn’t become the Aces RS after riding for the Colts this season and agreeing to do 2025 also 

Whether you’re right or wrong regarding the owner’s motives, I don’t think they were queuing around the block when Bates announced that he was looking for someone to buy the club. People should therefore cut Mr Cairns a little slack, just ask the many thousands of speedway fans who no longer have a team to follow.

I only use realistic riders when building 1-7's and riders who I think will be available to a said club.

If it's a 40.00 limit then this team = 39.99 after British reductions.

1. Fricke

2. Kerr

3. Douglas

4. Lawson

5. Masters

6. C. Cook

7. (RS)

Edited by TTT
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TTT said:

I only use realistic riders when building 1-7's and riders who I think will be available to a said club.

1. Fricke

2. Kerr

3. Douglas

4. Lawson

5. Masters

6. C. Cook

7. (RS)

Poor 🙈

7 hours ago, TTT said:

1. Fricke

2. Kerr

3. Douglas

4. Lawson

5. Masters

6. C. Cook

7. (RS)

It’s not bad but we desperately need a strong 1 and 5 if we want to stand a chance against belle vue, Ippo, Sheffield etc