British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

On 9/26/2024 at 9:56 AM, szkocjasid said:

Now he's had a better Championship season & Hagon has struggled (recently) should Leicester take Joe T back as their "rising star"?

You may want to give you head a wobble. Hagon has spent the majority of his season in the main body of the Poole team and achieved 4.85, Thompson has only left the reserve berth in the last six weeks for his 5.77 average. Allowing that JT was unbeaten at home in Heat 2 all season it shows that one has basically stalled their progress while the other Hagon has developed as a rider. 

15 hours ago, speedwayfan8 said:

Would love Szymon but not in place of Max. Maybe in place of Dougie if he goes to Brum, but depends if he would come in on a 7 or an 8. 

Syzmon at the moment is having a torrid time in GP and Ekstraliga. I hope his luck changes, he is scoring about 3/4 points a meeting for Stal and I was at the meeting with Torun yesterday and again he had a nightmare. I think it’s more physiological at the moment, he is a good rider but very emotional too, things with his dad this season and the pressure he is under must be hard. Hancock has been a disaster for him. Now the Stal president said they will terminate his contract potentially this season, but only 1 day before Torun Grand Prix he was told his contract is secured for next year. He must be struggling. I feel for him, he is one of the really good genuine guys of the sport. I hope he comes to England and really hits the ground running! Although I think he will stay in Scandinavia.   

• Like 2

I’ve been surprised by Syzmon thought he would do wel under Hancock and the same could be said about Becker I thought he may of kicked on more than he has this season. Reading through this thread there’s a lot of people believing Douglas won’t be in the team next year why is that? When I have seen him this season his done well and even though injured for the semis was still there in the pits supporting, would have thought if he had any issues he wouldn’t be there?

1 hour ago, 1stbender said:

I’ve been surprised by Syzmon thought he would do wel under Hancock and the same could be said about Becker I thought he may of kicked on more than he has this season. Reading through this thread there’s a lot of people believing Douglas won’t be in the team next year why is that? When I have seen him this season his done well and even though injured for the semis was still there in the pits supporting, would have thought if he had any issues he wouldn’t be there?

Forgot about Becker... so we've got

1. Greg Hancock

2. Richard Lawson

3. Magic Janowski 

4. Luke Becker 

5. Szymon Wozniak

6. Wilbur Hancock

7. Luke Killeen 

Edited by IainB
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1stbender said:

He started super good for Stal and for the SGP for sure! Everyone thought this was his season to kick on but for one reason or another it hasn’t worked. Magic had a year with Hancock and failed, got released from SGP and didn’t have the best of years. This year when he let Hancock go he has done so much better, now it’s Wozniak’s turn to have a torrid time under Hancock and he has taken a lot of money from magic and Wozniak, it’s a shame really! 

3 hours ago, SJA said:

You may want to give you head a wobble. Hagon has spent the majority of his season in the main body of the Poole team and achieved 4.85, Thompson has only left the reserve berth in the last six weeks for his 5.77 average. Allowing that JT was unbeaten at home in Heat 2 all season it shows that one has basically stalled their progress while the other Hagon has developed as a rider. 

I wouldn’t class the beginning of August as the majority of the season. As for developing. Until last Monday’s match at Belle Vue Hagon had hardly scored a point for the Lions in the last couple of months. From the beginning of August. Up till the Belle Vue match he had scored 5 points!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

I wouldn’t class the beginning of August as the majority of the season. As for developing. Until last Monday’s match at Belle Vue Hagon had hardly scored a point for the Lions in the last couple of months. From the beginning of August. Up till the Belle Vue match he had scored 5 points!

let's not forget Hagon rides for the colts so he was always likely to score points at NSS let's see what he scores thursday ???

13 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

This isn’t great thinking at all. If you know anything about how things have gone for riders whilst Hancock is mentoring them then you’d know it’s a bad idea ! 

I do. 

On 9/26/2024 at 9:56 AM, szkocjasid said:

Now he's had a better Championship season & Hagon has struggled (recently) should Leicester take Joe T back as their "rising star"?

On 9/30/2024 at 9:16 AM, SJA said:

Firstly, I merely asked if Leicester should take Joe T back?

Secondly, as Joe has gone from a sub 4 average to a 5.77 average (both while at reserve) does that not show great improvement? How has he "basically stalled his progress"?

Thirdly, Sam has had a very decent season too, upped his average & got into the top 5 for Poole, but I'm sure every Poole & Leicester fan would admit his scores have dropped, that can't be denied. 

All I said was he had struggled recently, I didn't say he had struggled all season.

On 9/30/2024 at 8:24 AM, foreverblue said:

Trouble is when you need him to score heavily he lets you down, like at Belle Vue the other day.

Yep always does.  I’d not want him as number one of any club I supported.