British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

16 minutes ago, SJA said:

As does Thompsons rolling average of 1.51.

I agree there's nothing in it but at least Thompson is a club asset

Averages

Guest appearances and appearances in meetings abandoned before the completion of heat 10 are ignored.
Sam Hagon   http://www.gbspeedway.com/2024/ukflag.gif

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away
Average by riding number

Riding
No.

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away
Joe Thompson   http://www.gbspeedway.com/2024/ukflag.gif

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away
Average by riding number

Riding
No.

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away

43 minutes ago, IainB said:

Averages

Guest appearances and appearances in meetings abandoned before the completion of heat 10 are ignored.

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away
Average by riding number

Riding
No.

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away
Average by riding number

Riding
No.

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away

Have both of them and rotate, or select on match by match basis for the first half of the season, then choose one for a permanent place

1 hour ago, IainB said:

Averages

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away
Average by riding number

Riding
No.

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away
Average by riding number

Riding
No.

M
R
Pts
BP
Tot
Av
inc BP
Av
no BP
All
Home
Away

There's no denying Joe has been a poor RS, but since he got dropped by Leicester he improved a lot at Plymouth, so I'd have given him another shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LisaColette said:

I would go with Hagon, he'll only improve imo. 

What makes you think that? Have you seen something I've missed? Other than his rather against the odds British U21 victory I've seen nothing to suggest that he won't be anything other than a Drew Kemp type. Hagon's got no real pedigree, his father wasn't particularly successful as a rider all I see is a rider being bank rolled by his dad with Martin Dugard spannering for him. At least with somebody like Boughen you can see flashes of brilliance from him and he's beaten some very big name riders very convincingly, yes he's going through a bit of a tough patch at the moment but I fully expect him to ride through this. Time will tell I suppose.

Edited by IainB
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, LisaColette said:

The way he has rode the last half of the season, He has gone massively down hill. It all coincided with him moving up into the team at Poole and signing for Leicester. These last three big meetings for poole he has shown no appetite whatsoever. I really thought against Oxford last week he would get a hatful against the likes of Coles, Smith and Bourghen. He got lucky in heat 1 when miles behind, getting a point with Boughen's E/F Didn’t score or looked like scoring a point after. Even Smith beat him!!! As others have said his name has helped him get the chances he's had. Saying all that, depending what team Oxford put out Wednesday. He could score a hatful if it's Coles and Smith at reserve!! 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LisaColette said:

They both have potential to improve & probably will. Think I'd avoid Hagon because he ended the season so poorly.

Tbh it's not a major issue if they've got it wrong, can just swap the RS for another if need be.

23 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Hagon is being held back by the poor Leicester track. If he was the RS at, say, Belle Vue, he'd be progressing massively.

The trouble with the RS system is that once you're allocated to a track, it's hard to get away.

Very much agree.

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Hagon is being held back by the poor Leicester track.   If he was the RS at, say, Belle Vue, he'd be progressing massively.

The trouble with the RS system is that once you're allocated to a track, it's hard to get away.

He'd be progressive massively until he got to a technical track... Maybe he should have signed to ride for the Cubs also to get a better handle on the Leicester track. He'd develop a far better rider on the technical Leicester track than throttle jockeying it around Belle Vue every other week

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Rumour has it from a couple of sources that Lawson has signed for Lynn… don’t know how true that is

i think rumour is the key word there 

these same rumours about harris lawson and cook were around this time last year and none of them ended up at lynn so until they are announced i remain sceptical 

4 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Rumour has it from a couple of sources that Lawson has signed for Lynn… don’t know how true that is

No different really to the rumours Kvech has been talking to Leicester and Birmingham in last 48 hours....Just Rumours...We will all see in next couple of weeks. 

I'd be stunned if Leicester let Lawson go when it seems Masters is at Oxford and Douglas is also linked elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

No different really to the rumours Kvech has been talking to Leicester and Birmingham in last 48 hours....Just Rumours...We will all see in next couple of weeks. 

I'd be stunned if Leicester let Lawson go when it seems Masters is at Oxford and Douglas is also linked elsewhere.

once again not a case of 'letting riders go' as they will take up the offer they choose as self employed tradesmen

that said i agree that lawson is highly likely to stay at leics due to being settled and the commute 

9 hours ago, IainB said:

He'd be progressive massively until he got to a technical track... Maybe he should have signed to ride for the Cubs also to get a better handle on the Leicester track. He'd develop a far better rider on the technical Leicester track than throttle jockeying it around Belle Vue every other week

I see your point but the throttle jockey track hasnt had any negative effect on Dan for example when it comes to tracks like Cardiff and Leicester. Not the "technical" tracks around these days like there used to be.

• Like 3

The Leicester track is different. Not really a racing track more of a gaters paradise. Having said that alot of top riders that visit leicester seem to like it. The riders that do go well at Leicester always say the trick is to attack it and not be scared carrying more speed into the corners. Pretty much every top rider in the prem rides it well. It's just the less experienced riders that struggle. Can the track be re shaped? I think it can but it isn't happening anytime soon. 

41 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I see your point but the throttle jockey track hasnt had any negative effect on Dan for example when it comes to tracks like Cardiff and Leicester. Not the "technical" tracks around these days like there used to be.

I think maybe Dan would probably be toddling along doing his own thing cleaning up at the NSS if DJ Woffy hadn't have got involved in his career. Dan is a once in a generation talent... can't see that in Hagon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

The Leicester track is different. Not really a racing track more of a gaters paradise. Having said that alot of top riders that visit leicester seem to like it. The riders that do go well at Leicester always say the trick is to attack it and not be scared carrying more speed into the corners. Pretty much every top rider in the prem rides it well. It's just the less experienced riders that struggle. Can the track be re shaped? I think it can but it isn't happening anytime soon. 

There’s a case for handicap racing there then. If some riders struggle then get them out first and the “good” rides can pass them. Personally it matters not how good or bad a rider is at these so called technical tracks, if you don’t gate you don’t win - simple. Jake’s as wobbly as you’re going to get at this stage in his career but if he gates at these technical tracks he gets points. Makes me laugh how NSS can be deemed a throttle jockey track when it’s the most technical out there from a speedway racing point of view due to the amount of lines to either guard or mount an attack. If technical is popping out of the gate and sitting on THE line a la scalextic shows more skill than moving around the track effectively then I’m happy to leave them in their happy ignorance. 

Edited by ouch
  • Like 3