British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

41 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Would love Sedge back. His average with Brum was 4.79. If he could ride at 6 it would be great, but that would have a knock on affect on the middle order if the plans are to bring in an 8+ rider. If the new points limit is 39, the Lions would have to lose just over 3 points (excluding British reductions for team building) from this years team.

1. Fricke

2. Howarth

3. Lawson

4. Becker

5. Masters or Douglas

6. Sedgmen

7. Hagon (RS)

Just about fits if it's a 40.00 limit

47 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Would love Sedge back. His average with Brum was 4.79. If he could ride at 6 it would be great, but that would have a knock on affect on the middle order if the plans are to bring in an 8+ rider. If the new points limit is 39, the Lions would have to lose just over 3 points (excluding British reductions for team building) from this years team.

Didn't realise he'd done enough matches for Brum (and as badly) to have reduced his average by that much, but I've long lost track of how averages are worked out now!

14 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Didn't realise he'd done enough matches for Brum (and as badly) to have reduced his average by that much, but I've long lost track of how averages are worked out now!

Sedgmen averaged 5.82 from 5 matches for Brum, but his rolling ave is only 4.79. If his average went down it must be because he dropped some high scoring matches from his rolling ave, not because he was poor for Birmingham.

Based on these figures, he'd be a great signing.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Need to offload Becker

An enigma. From what I've seen (off-track persona), doesn't really give clues as to what makes him tick, a really difficult person to read. He'd make a great poker player perhaps.

Can Stewart Dickson crack the code and even if he does, is there really all that much he can work on?

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Sedgmen averaged 5.82 from 5 matches for Brum, but his rolling ave is only 4.79. If his average went down it must be because he dropped some high scoring matches from his rolling ave, not because he was poor for Birmingham.

Based on these figures, he'd be a great signing.

The 5 dropped matches had a lowest score of 7+1 and include a maximum against Belle Vue.

22 rides 38 points ave 6.91

20 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

You need to bear in mind that, if Lions hadn't retained Hagon, they would have had sixth pick. Who would you have chosen?

Literally anybody but Hagon, if his name wasn't Hagon he really wouldn't stand out in a crowd

1 hour ago, Youhave2minutes said:

You never what the new season will bring. Think he will be ok.

I really I hope you're right but I've seen absolutely nothing from Hagon to make me think he'll be any different next season. Don't know if you've seen him at Leicester but generally you wouldn't have known he was at the meeting

2 hours ago, IainB said:

I really I hope you're right but I've seen absolutely nothing from Hagon to make me think he'll be any different next season. Don't know if you've seen him at Leicester but generally you wouldn't have known he was at the meeting

Was he that bad. He showed some good form at Poole earlier in the season but tailed off at the end like he did with Leicester 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Was he that bad. He showed some good form at Poole earlier in the season but tailed off at the end like he did with Leicester 

His 1.77 average from 14 matches tells you all you need to know.