British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

9 hours ago, TTT said:

Lawson is the perfect fit for the No.3 race jacket but he's off to KL if rumours are true.

1. Fricke

2. Howarth

3. 7.13 or 7.15 (Tarasenko?, Wozniak? or a 7.00 assessed rider from POLSKA)

4. Becker

5. Masters

6. Sedgmen or Kerr

7. Hagon (RS)

It’s a worse team than this years. Desperately need to find a big hitting support act for Max

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

It’s a worse team than this years. Desperately need to find a big hitting support act for Max

I agree but I don't know where the big hitter comes from tbh.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well it’s going to be, this years team finished on 42.09. Unbelievably, out of this years top 4, Ipswich is the only team that finished below 40 and can strengthen the side. The other three will have to shed points somewhere. 

Yes, but it’s usually replacing 1 rider to bring you back under the limit. Leicester could be in the situation where they have to replace 3 riders who were probably all on inflated averages and come to tapes in 25’ with a less competitive side. 

For the life of me when they were told they were finishing top due to ‘commercial reasons’ I don’t understand why they didn’t throw their remaining meetings to drop everyone’s GSA’s to put them in a better position for team building 

• Confused 1

The strongest 1-7 I could come up with using realistic riders only and turning a blind eye to the Douglas to Brum rumours would be this.

1. Fricke, 2. Howarth, 3. Masters, 4. Becker, 5. Douglas, 6. C. Cook & 7. Hagon (RS) = 39.93

If Leicester want a big hitter then they'll have to be sitting ducks at reserve because Hagon needs a strong No.6 to partner him at reserve considering how much he struggled as RS.

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

The strongest 1-7 I could come up with using realistic riders only and turning a blind eye to the Douglas to Brum rumours would be this.

1. Fricke, 2. Howarth, 3. Masters, 4. Becker, 5. Douglas, 6. C. Cook & 7. Hagon (RS) = 39.93

If Leicester want a big hitter then they'll have to be sitting ducks at reserve because Hagon needs a strong No.6 to partner him at reserve considering how much he struggled as RS.

1. Fricke - 9.14

2. Howarth - 5.06

3. Tarasenko - 6.77

4. Becker - 6.57

5. Wozniak - 7.50 (ass)

6. Sedgmen - 4.79

RS. Hagon 

Total - 39.83

This is best Leicester team I can come up with that is somewhat realistic given Wozniak used to ride for the club and that Tarasenko had an excellent debut for Lynn there this season just gone. 

Does mean that Dickson would have to go against his approach of signing UK based riders, but he may have too this coming season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Yes, but it’s usually replacing 1 rider to bring you back under the limit. Leicester could be in the situation where they have to replace 3 riders who were probably all on inflated averages and come to tapes in 25’ with a less competitive side. 

For the life of me when they were told they were finishing top due to ‘commercial reasons’ I don’t understand why they didn’t throw their remaining meetings to drop everyone’s GSA’s to put them in a better position for team building 

Pride, their riders morals, not wanting to let the fans down, riders earnings, could even be lowering averages of their riders who will end up elsewhere in 2025.