British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

19 minutes ago, ouch said:

There’s a case for handicap racing there then. If some riders struggle then get them out first and the “good” rides can pass them. Personally it matters not how good or bad a rider is at these so called technical tracks, if you don’t gate you don’t win - simple. Jake’s as wobbly as you’re going to get at this stage in his career but if he gates at these technical tracks he gets points. Makes me laugh how NSS can be deemed a throttle jockey track when it’s the most technical out there from a speedway racing point of view due to the amount of lines to either guard or mount an attack. If technical is popping out of the gate and sitting on THE line a la scalextic shows more skill than moving around the track effectively then I’m happy to leave them in their happy ignorance. 

51 minutes ago, ouch said:

Makes me laugh how NSS can be deemed a throttle jockey track when it’s the most technical out there from a speedway racing point of view due to the amount of lines to either guard or mount an attack. If technical is popping out of the gate and sitting on THE line a la scalextic shows more skill than moving around the track effectively then I’m happy to leave them in their happy ignorance. 

I'd say that the NSS is probably the most technical track in regards to bike setup, riding ability not so much. 

36 minutes ago, IainB said:

I'd say that the NSS is probably the most technical track in regards to bike setup, riding ability not so much. 

You do learn to NOT lock a bike up, but instead let it "flow" through the bends to keep speed and momentum up..

And learn to use different entry and exit lines each lap to mess up the rider behind who may be thinking about a pass..

A good learning ground for those who will develop onto the international stage, where these type of wide tracks are more the norm than the old "technical tracks" of yesteryear in the UK..

The ones that "you had to learn to ride to be the best in the world"..

Those few meetings Zmarzlik did at Brum must have worked wonders!!!!😁

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1