British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

38 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Dudek is just an example but I agree they can be unreliable. Can't see Stewart Dickson taking many gambles again. Probably end up with Masters at 5 and the owners best mate Becker at 3..

If Dudek (or similar) is ever a consideration then Robert Lambert would be even a better one. That said, being world no.2 would make his pay expectations on the high side. But if one club could find a way then it well maybe the Lions. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Dudek is just an example but I agree they can be unreliable. Can't see Stewart Dickson taking many gambles again. Probably end up with Masters at 5 and the owners best mate Becker at 3..

Trouble is taking a punt on a rider, especially at the top end does your season if it doesn't come off as the replacements just aren't out there, you need tried and tested at the top end

22 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

DJW would be a decent shout if he truly is fit & wants to race (losing his GP spot may influence his attitude one way or another) 
Sheffield may want to keep the Holders together so big Bro can keep Jacks mind on the job in hand. 
Whoever the Lions do decide on, it would be beneficial to sign riders who are based in the UK or who are proven reliable to turn up and perform. 

DJW, having made his fortune, seems to be in it for the fun these days and British Speedway seems to be able to provide that for riders, if nothing else. He can still smoke most of the rest of the league even just riding for fun and could just turn it on as and when needed

4 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

If Dudek (or similar) is ever a consideration then Robert Lambert would be even a better one. That said, being world no.2 would make his pay expectations on the high side. But if one club could find a way then it well maybe the Lions. 

Was told a even two years ago we wanted him. Various sources say different things but I don't see him at Leicester how he's world number 2. Would love a GP star. Could really make the difference

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Was told an even two years ago we wanted him. Various sources say different things but I don't see him at Leicester how he's world number 2. Would love a GP star. Could really make the difference

You might need a GP star but you will probably end up with Fricke. 🙂

• Haha 3

On 10/5/2024 at 7:42 PM, Pitch said:

Just for a bit of balance, Panthers were without their No1 Ulrich Ostergaard and used R/R to cover for him, also lost Hans Andersen for both legs after his crash in his first ride of the 1st Leg at Belle Vue. Also Michael Palm Toft rode with a broken left hand for both legs after crashing against Wolves in the semi finals.

All great points to be fair, all though I don't think Ulrich would have kept that scoring up imo.