British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

4 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Before the BV match I'd have said yes, but now I'm not so sure. One swallow not making a summer but he certainly looked more competent than he had for a long while and it reminded me why he was an initial improvement on Thompson.

He rides for the colts so he was always going to score points 

7 hours ago, flagrag said:

As discussed on the official Speedway podcast a lot will depend on where William Cairns decides to sign for in Premiership. If he pledges his allegiance to Leicester then the RS at the  start of season will know it’s only a contract up until end of June .

The last I heard on the Cairns situation was that his family want him to ride for Leicester obviously but have said he can choose his Championship club but William will make the ultimate decision . Logistics have to be remembered too if he signs for a Monday night Premiership club means early rush to get Poland for U24 league 

On the podcast he explains he’ll not be racing for Leicester while his dad owns it because he doesn’t want people saying he’s getting any special treatment. He suggested at this moment he’s still weighing up the Premiership options. 

10 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

On the podcast he explains he’ll not be racing for Leicester while his dad owns it because he doesn’t want people saying he’s getting any special treatment. He suggested at this moment he’s still weighing up the Premiership options. 

As long as Stewart Dickson is in charge of team building & management young Cairns will have nothing to worry about in terms of nepotism being the reason he rides for the Lions. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

If it was up to me I'd go this team next season 

1. Fricke

2. Sedgmen

3. Lawson

4. Becker

5. Huckenbeck

6. Dan Thompson 

7. RS

Dream land I know and probably unlikely but would love to see it

That team not going to win anything :nono: