British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2025

15 hours ago, speedwayfan8 said:

Any truth in the Lambert rumours?

Signed up in Sweden again next season, he’s said before it’s one of Sweden or UK alongside Poland, so can’t see him over here unless comes in pre 75% completion and does back end of season 

I'd like to keep the majority of the team but averages and the points limit will change that outcome.

I want Lawson to stay but King's Lynn could come calling and on his average maybe he won't improve much on that next season. Douglas could go as well with rumours that Birmingham are circling for his services. Would be a smart signing for them. A new number 6 is needed. Can't see Cook staying and Kerr could end up back at Lynn or Oxford. 

1. Fricke

2. ?

3. Masters

4. Becker

5. ?

6. Sedgmen?

7. Hagon

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I'd like to keep the majority of the team but averages and the points limit will change that outcome.

I want Lawson to stay but King's Lynn could come calling and on his average maybe he won't improve much on that next season. Douglas could go as well with rumours that Birmingham are circling for his services. Would be a smart signing for them. A new number 6 is needed. Can't see Cook staying and Kerr could end up back at Lynn or Oxford. 

1. Fricke

2. ?

3. Masters

4. Becker

5. ?

6. Sedgmen?

7. Hagon

I'd like to keep Lawson because I think the pairing of him and Fricke at home are really solid, even if he won't increase his average. Becker I've been a bit disappointed with, but he certainly has more improvement in him than Masters who's probably on the downward slope now so I'd plump for him at 4 and look at options for 3 and 5 if Douglas does go elsewhere. I wouldn't be too disappointed with Sedgmen at 6 but I do think Cook offers more if his head is in the right place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Would love to see Wozniak back here.

Me too especially if his average is retained. Although I think they would change it to 7. Jake Allen could return thought he did OK last time out at reserve. Need support for Fricke really away from the den

36 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I want Lawson to stay but King's Lynn could come calling and on his average maybe he won't improve much on that next season.

He may not improve his average any but you know exactly what you're going to get with him, he's been as solid a rider as I can ever remember seeing and the inconsistency really has been Leicester's weakness this season. Surely he has to be the first name on the team sheet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Me too especially if his average is retained. Although I think they would change it to 7. Jake Allen could return thought he did OK last time out at reserve. Need support for Fricke really away from the den

Any idea what Allen's final average was? I'd possibly take a punt still at a 7, but I'm always wary of the commitment of Polish riders, I think Dicko is very much the same as well.

1 minute ago, IainB said:

He may not improve his average any but you know exactly what you're going to get with him, he's been as solid a rider as I can ever remember seeing and the inconsistency really has been Leicester's weakness this season. Surely he has to be the first name on the team sheet.

Good understanding with Fricke as well, and that's quite a rarity.