British Speedway Forum

2025 GP line up/wildcards

The FIM are quickly realising that sponsors and fans are not interested in a sporting event which is pre-determined. 

No Laguta = Zmarzlik guaranteed to win a title.

I am told the FIM will allow Artem and Emil to compete under a neutral flag. The PZM are not keen on Artem and Emil riding under the Polish flag, as this could antagonize certain sections of the Polish population.

Either way, it looks like we have a title race next season.

I cannot wait to see the odds for next year, I think the bookmakers will underestimate Artem.

Rune Holta went Polish through an agreement made between NMF and PZM. Joonas Kylmäkorpi did the same with SML and SVEMO as is Timo Lahti doing now and probably for the rest of his career. Luca Bauer is doing it in ice racing between DMSB and FMI.

I was told Laguta especially has given the finger towards Russia, so I really dont see how he's gonna be given a free pass by MFR.

32 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

It is riduculous that Artem can vote to choose the next president of Poland, but he can't ride a speedway bike for Poland.

Some laws (or rules) allow you to do stuff, others prohibit you from doing stuff. Thats the system.

EDIT: Also one might wonder or think a minute about how "ridicolous" it is that Russia has been bombing the two Ukrainian speedway cities Rivne and Lviv for two years now...

Edited by f-s-p

You are so deluded. Iknow you love artem like a family member but the reason he cannot ride for poland is because he is russian. Thats where he was born. My partner is polish but lives in england. Shes travels on a polish passport because thats where she was born. She is no more english than artem is polish. Oh and by the way i didnt see zmarlik looking uncomfortable in torun

1 hour ago, longmeadow said:

You are so deluded. Iknow you love artem like a family member but the reason he cannot ride for poland is because he is russian. Thats where he was born. My partner is polish but lives in england. Shes travels on a polish passport because thats where she was born. She is no more english than artem is polish. Oh and by the way i didnt see zmarlik looking uncomfortable in torun

Boris Johnson was born in America, would you say he was American or British?

Artem is Polish. He has been nominated for the award of best Polish rider in the Ekstraliga.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

3 minutes ago, longmeadow said:

No just the best rider in the ekstraliga because he is top of the averages. Jason Crump was born in bristol but he didnt ride for england

That was his choice...

On 10/1/2024 at 6:54 AM, longmeadow said:

So why didn't Mark Loram ride for Malta? Ronnie Moore was born in Australia, Bob Andrews was born in England, Rune Holta was born in Norway, Bill Landels was born in Scotland, and Tadeusz Teodorowicz was born in Poland. Your point is?

Edited by chunky