British Speedway Forum

2025 GP line up/wildcards

7 hours ago, f-s-p said:

You start with "If"

In the eyes of the FIM they will not be considered Polish or PZM until MFR says they good to go. Poland has given them citizenship, PZM has given them licenses to ride as Polish in the Polish system. Has bugger all to do with FIM or FIM Europe meetings where they are still MFR.

Not sure FIM need approval from the Russian governing body to recognise PZM membership for Russian born riders to ride under Polish citizenship/license so long as the correct legal processes have been followed and are in place. That said, such bodies are shrouded in political diplomacy so maybe the issue is indeed "cloudy" to say the least.   

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Not sure FIM need approval from the Russian governing body to recognise PZM membership for Russian born riders to ride under Polish citizenship/license so long as the correct legal processes have been followed and are in place. That said, such bodies are shrouded in political diplomacy so maybe the issue is indeed "cloudy" to say the least.   

Having been a member of the Finnish track racing committee in SML when these things have happened with Joonas Kylmäkorpi and Timo Lahti, I am.

Just read the book, FIM sporting code page 143 starts licenses (70.2.1 /7). Even though there are changes in the rule since when I was involved, basic message is still the same.

On 10/7/2024 at 4:42 PM, szkocjasid said:

Actually it's on FB I've seen more people against the Doyle inclusion, very disappointing tbh. Thought the majority of fans would want the best riders in the series, unlike the FIM we don't have to worry about viewing figures etc.

The problem is that, while they CLAIM they want the best riders, what they actually want is their favourite riders. Then, they will use every excuse in the book (age, nationality, ekstraliga average, "a need for new faces" etc), in an attempt to validate their view.

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, chunky said:

The problem is that, while they CLAIM they want the best riders, what they actually want is their favourite riders. Then, they will use every excuse in the book (age, nationality, ekstraliga average, "a need for new faces" etc), in an attempt to validate their view.

Absolutely "spot on". 
Although it is fair to say, two of the "picks" for next years GP are far away from being the best available, and that's aside from two riders of Russian decent.  

Edited by 1 valve

2 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Polish media reporting that Emil and Artem have both been offered a Croatian speedway license.

They would be put forward as Croatian riders in the GP qualifiers for 2025.

They would also ride as Croatian riders in the Polish Ekstraliga.

Why would that change things? Haven’t they got a Polish license as it is?

12 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Polish media reporting that Emil and Artem have both been offered a Croatian speedway license.

They would be put forward as Croatian riders in the GP qualifiers for 2025.

They would also ride as Croatian riders in the Polish Ekstraliga.

Are you really this stupid or just having a laugh winding people up? Why would Croatia be given two allocations to be used for Russian riders while they have none of their own? U think no one would care in the CCP?

I'm fine with both, just want to know...

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Are you really this stupid or just having a laugh winding people up? Why would Croatia be given two allocations to be used for Russian riders while they have none of their own? U think no one would care in the CCP?

I'm fine with both, just want to know...

The Chinese Communist Party? Most probably not that interested in such matters.
Meanwhile, Croatia could be dark horses for SoN😜

23 hours ago, 1 valve said:

The Chinese Communist Party? Most probably not that interested in such matters.
Meanwhile, Croatia could be dark horses for SoN😜

From the very first day back then I was always in favour of anonymous discussion forums. But it's d1ckheads like you that while actually knowing zäkzhit pass their opinions as facts or present them as facts and when given the actual info just laugh at it have really put me off.

It's not just you, I just decided to blame you for everything today. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

I genuinely hope this is untrue.

Read for yourself: https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/1150288/sensacyjna-wiesci-w-sprawie-laguty-i-sajfutdinowa-jest-kraj-gotowy-zglosic-ich-d

Translation (by Google) of the first paragraph says:

The big absentees of recent Grand Prix seasons, namely Artiom Łaguta and Emil Sayfutdinov, may start in next year's GP qualifiers. - We offered a license and a place in the qualifications - admits FIM official from Croatia, Darija Pavlic.

53 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Another reason to drown my sorrows then... She should be kicked out from CCP.

3 hours ago, f-s-p said:

From the very first day back then I was always in favour of anonymous discussion forums. But it's d1ckheads like you that while actually knowing zäkzhit pass their opinions as facts or present them as facts and when given the actual info just laugh at it have really put me off.

It's not just you, I just decided to blame you for everything today. :lol:

Difficult to understand the point you are attempting to make. In your posting you stated CCP which is the correct acronym for the Chinese Communist Party. You may have meant CCCP which of course ceased in Dec 1991 so hardly relevant in 2024. 
As for Croatia possibly offering to issue two Russian born riders licences to race international events, well if they did (apparently now confirmed), why not go the extra step and bless them with nationality as well (Tongu in cheek)

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Difficult to understand the point you are attempting to make. In your posting you stated CCP which is the correct acronym for the Chinese Communist Party. You may have meant CCCP which of course ceased in Dec 1991 so hardly relevant in 2024. 
As for Croatia possibly offering to issue two Russian born riders licences to race international events, well if they did (apparently now confirmed), why not go the extra step and bless them with nationality as well (Tongu in cheek)

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Yes, yes folk know you mean the track commission- just haven’t got a sense is humour have you…