British Speedway Forum

2025 GP line up/wildcards

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  Zmarzlik IMO is the best rider in the world, but although he's World Champion, he's not the undisputed World Champion.  It's like boxing and Laguta is still World champ in my eyes as he's not lost it yet? 🤨

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shockster said:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  Zmarzlik IMO is the best rider in the world, but although he's World Champion, he's not the undisputed World Champion.  It's like boxing and Laguta is still World champ in my eyes as he's not lost it yet? 🤨

I agree full on

20 minutes ago, Shockster said:

I genuinely don’t think he would be the threat he was a few years back, the year he won he was exceptional but although still a force in Poland I don’t think he would win again but I just wish we could find out 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I genuinely don’t think he would be the threat he was a few years back, the year he won he was exceptional but although still a force in Poland I don’t think he would win again but I just wish we could find out 

Utter nonsense.

Artem is top of the Polish league averages.

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Does this mean that Lebedevs is not included? Haven't seen him mentioned.

I'm in favour of giving new GP riders a two-year contract, with the provision that after year 1 they can be "terminated early" if they have badly underperformed.

Under this arrangement, Lebedevs, Kvech and Huckenbeck would have been retained for a second year, and Wozniak eliminated.

But Wozniak outscored Kvech! So who decides who has "badly underperformed" & who hasn't?

Personally I'm not a fan of that rule, GPs are supposed to be hard, it's supposed to be tough to qualify. 

Plenty of riders have dropped out & come back in stronger, Woffinden, Hampel, Laguta, Vaculik, Sayfutdinov for example (if my memory is correct).

• Like 1

Why not have a mini series prior to the GP's featuring the likes of Huckenbeck, Kvech, Dudek, Magic, Madsen, Thorsell etc with the top two clinching the final two spots.  Would seem a much fairer way of doing it. 

One meeting at a Polish venue, one in Sweden/Denmark and one in Britain (perhaps a Championship track). The race offs could take place before a league meeting and imagine the interest they would generate!

I know it's all a bit "pie in the sky" but there surely has to be a better way compared to the current system. Huckenbeck or Kvech over Madsen for example is just plain daft. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Why not have a mini series prior to the GP's featuring the likes of Huckenbeck, Kvech, Dudek, Magic, Madsen, Thorsell etc with the top two clinching the final two spots.  Would seem a much fairer way of doing it. 

One meeting at a Polish venue, one in Sweden/Denmark and one in Britain (perhaps a Championship track). The race offs could take place before a league meeting and imagine the interest they would generate!

I know it's all a bit "pie in the sky" but there surely has to be a better way compared to the current system. Huckenbeck or Kvech over Madsen for example is just plain daft. 

For me, the top six go through to next year, the next 8 go through to the GP challenge,with the 15th being "relegated"...

That 8 race against 8 qualifiers and the top 8 qualify...

With the SEC Champ getting the last place..