British Speedway Forum

2025 GP line up/wildcards

17 hours ago, Gavan said:

Idiots on here saying Doyle shouldn’t be in lol 

Won a round and cane second in another before injury 

Then I read some moron saying he isn’t likely to be world champion!!! As statements go that’s pretty hilarious as I would say the only only likely world champions this season would be the top 5 from this season 

Does that clown think Fricke Kurtz Thomsen Kubera have more chance then Doyle lol ….. I certainly don’t think Doyle will win it but with no Emil or Laguta is he in the top 15 in the world …. Yes quite easily 

Very rarely agree with you but bang on regarding Doyle. 

he is comfortably in the top 5 riders in the world and box office to watch as well. Great rider and a great bloke. 

jan andersen clearly has an agenda.

Another guaranteed title for Zmarzlik then, especially with them not choosing to pick a rider that had finished twice to him in 2019 & 2022... stick that in your Henhouse! 🐔

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Anyone who buys a ticket for a GP is not a fan of speedway.

They are a fan of politics.

Emil and Artem are being politically persecuted. The same thing happened to Nelson Mandela.

I thought we had moved past the idea of judging somebody on their ethnicity.

So if another country walked onto your backyard thats ok then?

25 minutes ago, longmeadow said:

Laguta racing fan should be on here soon.When he has stopped lol

He was right though wasn't he.

• Like 1

Really disappointed to see they’re just ticking boxes rather than trying to field the best 15. I can’t see the poles being happy that they only have two poles. 

Huckenbeck and Kvech shouldn’t be anywhere near near the GPs currently.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

Thats an awful decision...

Both Kvech & Huckenbeck failed to make top 10 with a full season and didn't make top 6 in challenge finishing 9th and 13th...

Thats tick boxing putting kvech and huckenbeck in rather than best riders... 

So now to be in worlds best 15 you just need to pick a country with poorer riders who host a GP to get a call up 

It's never been any different with the GPs, they are a business who need to sell tickets and the events to countries (for the stadia).

Happy to see kvech back in, may not have made top 6 but certainly won a few races and wasn’t afraid to mix it but don’t understand how he got a pic over madsen ? I would like to know the actual thought process in deciding picks as they seem to make very little sense, think the pickers should be made to explain why they choose who they do 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Happy to see kvech back in, may not have made top 6 but certainly won a few races and wasn’t afraid to mix it but don’t understand how he got a pic over madsen ? I would like to know the actual thought process in deciding picks as they seem to make very little sense, think the pickers should be made to explain why they choose who they do 

Kvech finished 35 points behind Madsen! And even 5 points behind Magic!

15 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It's never been any different with the GPs, they are a business who need to sell tickets and the events to countries (for the stadia).

Not sure who they're selling tickets to by having 4 Aussies in though with no GP outside of Europe? If it is a business decision it's a bad business decision. 

Edited by IainB

29 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

What have politics got to do with Emil and Artem?

That’s not the way it works. If you don’t unilaterally sanction countries then you might as well not bother in the first place. 

Do I think Laguta and Sayfudinov are worthy of a place? Absolutely. I can equally see why they still shoudn’t be included though. 

Edited by JanAndersen

17 minutes ago, IainB said:

Not sure who they're selling tickets to by having 4 Aussies in though with no GP outside of Europe? If it is a business decision it's a bad business decision. 

The Aussies have a lot of (none Australian) fans across Europe. Just attend a Polish league meeting to witness that.
As for Gps's, when Doyley won in Warsaw the Polish group a few rows in front of me sporting JD and Grudziadz colours were going barmy for him to stay in front of their countryman Zmarzlik in the final and as for 2025, good bet that there will be many many folk supporting the four at Belle Vue & Cardiff - assuming that Doyley is still in one piece that is🤞

1 hour ago, psycho3a said:

Thats an awful decision...

Both Kvech & Huckenbeck failed to make top 10 with a full season and didn't make top 6 in challenge finishing 9th and 13th...

Thats tick boxing putting kvech and huckenbeck in rather than best riders... 

So now to be in worlds best 15 you just need to pick a country with poorer riders who host a GP to get a call up 

Totally agree, 2 good picks, 2 terrible picks.

44 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

There is a GP in Prague.  If they want this to sell and also secure the venue, they need to include a Czech. Czechs "We will host a GP next year and pay £XXX but only if we can have two Czechs in it, else bog off."  That's something which I definitely think is part of it.  It's never been about the best riders.  Same in many individual sports where countries have places rather than the best entrants.

19 hours ago, Gavan said:

Idiots on here saying Doyle shouldn’t be in lol 

Won a round and cane second in another before injury 

Then I read some moron saying he isn’t likely to be world champion!!! As statements go that’s pretty hilarious as I would say the only only likely world champions this season would be the top 5 from this season 

Does that clown think Fricke Kurtz Thomsen Kubera have more chance then Doyle lol ….. I certainly don’t think Doyle will win it but with no Emil or Laguta is he in the top 15 in the world …. Yes quite easily 

Totally agree, even now seeing so many people apparently astonished that Doyle has been picked, how can they be that dumb?

Some of this surprises me, some doesn’t. The absence of the Russians doesn’t. Rumours of a deal struck between them, PZM and FIM which allows them to ride in the Ekstraliga means they have agreed not to be in the GPs

Two of the four - Doyle and Michelsen- are correct in my view for the reasons others have said. Likewise, Madsen’s exclusion due to his no show at the SON and his disagreement with the logistics company seems fair. 
The other 2? This should be the top 15 riders in the world and be unrelated to political considerations. Having two riders who failed in the GP series and failed in the GP challenge shoe horned in because of their nationality is just wrong. 
Whateve you think of Poland and Polish speedway, not including a third Pole could - and maybe should - come back and bite WBD/FIM on the arse. And justifying Kvech’s inclusion because he’s CZ champion but not even including the Polish champion as a substitute is just plain wrong. In my view.