British Speedway Forum

2025 GP line up/wildcards

4 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:
  • Kai Huckenbeck
  • Jan Kvech
  • Mikkel Michelsen
  • Jason Doyle

Those are your 4 wild cards. Official announcement is tomorrow.

The FIM wanted to nominate Emil and Artem, but this was blocked by the PZM. Emil and Artem would have to ride under the Polish flag as FIM rules do not allow neutral athletes.

Speedway fans need to boycott the GP series. I would love to see the GP section of this forum closed down. That would send a strong message to the FIM.

I've just been on the phone to an official source from the FIM and they say if you close down your forum account in protest then they may consider putting Laguta back in. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:
  • Kai Huckenbeck
  • Jan Kvech
  • Mikkel Michelsen
  • Jason Doyle

Those are your 4 wild cards. Official announcement is tomorrow.

The FIM wanted to nominate Emil and Artem, but this was blocked by the PZM. Emil and Artem would have to ride under the Polish flag as FIM rules do not allow neutral athletes.

Speedway fans need to boycott the GP series. I would love to see the GP section of this forum closed down. That would send a strong message to the FIM.

It would be great if you could stop publishing your inaccurate Propaganda. 
The FIM as the governing body of all motorcycle sport globally does not need permission from any organisation under their banner on any matter, only compliance. (The tail does not wag the dog)
Riders aligned to one of the motorcycle sports under the jurisdiction of the FIM ie MotoGP, Speedway, Trials etc need to be registered with their appropriate recognised national body under the FIM as per the ACU for speedway in the UK. 
Having been duly registered, no rider(s) require the permission of their national body to enter a world championship, they must however be  compliant with the competition entry criteria as authorised/approved by the FIM.
Thus if either or both of Emil & Artem are not included in the 2024 GP series it will be because the FIM (or initially the series promoters) do not feel it appropriate to do so. 

Edited by 1 valve

9 hours ago, JC71 said:

Who would you like to see as wildcards, btw? .... I'm not trying to argue, just wondering.......... 

Doyle & Michelsen as they were in the top 6 before injury.

Laguta & Sayfutdinov, because they were in the top 6 before being banned.

Then Madsen with Janowski or Thorsell. Madsen wasn't far behind top 6, Janowski would have been closer had he completed in more rounds & Thorsell almost qualified from the GP Challenge.

I don't think age or nationality should come into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Doyle & Michelsen as they were in the top 6 before injury.

Laguta & Sayfutdinov, because they were in the top 6 before being banned.

Then Madsen with Janowski or Thorsell. Madsen wasn't far behind top 6, Janowski would have been closer had he completed in more rounds & Thorsell almost qualified from the GP Challenge.

I don't think age or nationality should come into it.

depends on what your  country are up to 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

According to Polish press no wildcards for Poles which rules out the Russian's.

Doyle, Madsen and Michelsen are in according to the press article as well.

One of the comments at the bottom of that story is hilarious. The Poles really think they own the sport don't they?

"It's spitting in our face once again. We should give up organizing tournaments and let them ride on some henhouses and not our stadiums"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shame that Madsen is back in, if true, would've preferred Thorsell, he was very unlucky in the challenge (to Fricke's advantage).

33 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Shame that Madsen is back in, if true, would've preferred Thorsell, he was very unlucky in the challenge (to Fricke's advantage).

Apart from whinging a lot and occasionally clearing someone out I don’t see what Madsen offers now either.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Madsen has a higher Polish ekstraliga average than Zmarzlik.

So what?  He'll never be a world champ and adds little to the series.

1 hour ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

One of the comments at the bottom of that story is hilarious. The Poles really think they own the sport don't they?

"It's spitting in our face once again. We should give up organizing tournaments and let them ride on some henhouses and not our stadiums"

HENning Bager

HENka Gustafsson

HENry Atkins

HENny Kroeze

I don't get all this anti-Madsen stuff, he's finished 2nd, 5th, 7th, 2nd, 5th & 9th (with all his "problems" this year) in the world. He's shown far more over the years than any of the other Danes

Edited by IainB
  • Like 5

Wildcards: Kai Huckenbeck, Jason Doyle, Mikkel Michelsen und Jan Kvech.

Subsitutes: Leon Madsen, Patryk Dudek, Tai Woffinden, Jacob Thorssel, Luke Becker, Dimitri Berge, Wiktor Przyjemski, Nazar Parnitskyi und Mathias Pollestad.

• Thanks 1

Anyone who buys a ticket for a GP is not a fan of speedway.

They are a fan of politics.

Emil and Artem are being politically persecuted. The same thing happened to Nelson Mandela.

I thought we had moved past the idea of judging somebody on their ethnicity.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

Thats an awful decision...

Both Kvech & Huckenbeck failed to make top 10 with a full season and didn't make top 6 in challenge finishing 9th and 13th...

Thats tick boxing putting kvech and huckenbeck in rather than best riders... 

So now to be in worlds best 15 you just need to pick a country with poorer riders who host a GP to get a call up 

• Like 6