British Speedway Forum

2025 GP line up/wildcards

28 minutes ago, chunky said:

Just remember, these are people on the BSF you're talking about...

Actually it's on FB I've seen more people against the Doyle inclusion, very disappointing tbh. Thought the majority of fans would want the best riders in the series, unlike the FIM we don't have to worry about viewing figures etc.

Edited by szkocjasid

Doyle and Mickelsen would of been top 6 had it not been for injury so no surprise with those two picks. 

Kvech + Huckenbeck are simply in for commercial reasons (Czech + German SGP) although I have nothing against either rider and they were certainly offering something to the SGP. 

Madsen without the personal problems and able to concentrate on speedway would be more competitive than the latter two. Could it be that if 3G Logistics his ex partner was involved with still a lead sponsor ??? 

With so much press and even some FIM representatives banging the drum for the return of Sayfutdinov and Laguta back in the SGP I thought it may be possible but not to be. Nothing against Kvech and Huckenbeck but a little underwhelming. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TTT said:

Here is where some excluded riders rank in the 2024 Ekstraliga averages whilst the woke selectors try and fog us all off with a best 15 riders in the World slogan in regards to the 2025 GP series.

1. Laguta

2. Madsen

5. Kolodziej

6. Sayfutdinov

Zmarzlik's victories are now tainted and he's not a legit World Champion until he gets legit competition imo (Those who are just as statistically good as him in the Ekstraliga)

It's like winning a Champions League that doesn't feature Manchester City, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Zmarzlik’s victories are not tainted and he is a legit World Champion.He doesn’t select the opposition and statistics are just statistics they bear no resemblance to what happens on track.GP’s format and selection process is the biggest problem( done for Commercial Reasons).Has there ever been a perfect process for getting the best 16 riders into a World Final.It is what it is.

• Like 1

Doyle & Michelsen were on target for a podium finish before they were injured.. not just a top 6.. but Hampel was leading the series (jointly if I remember correctly) when he got injured I the mid 20teens.

Doyle & Michelsen deserved places.

Madsen should only have missed out IF Sayfutdinov & Laguta were included in whatever representation. Neutral or Polish.

I don't mind Kvech young & decent as a spoiler, but Huckenbeck is a joke.  I've never liked Janowski but I'd rather have him in the series than either of them. Czechia,& German GP's have been on the calendar for years without a permanent GP rider from either nation.

They experimented in 2024 with one from both, neither stepped up.  No need to continue with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, r8gdp said:

What’s the chances of Madsen Woffinden laguta emil magic joining the European series would make that more interesting 

Laguta and Emil cannot be in it. Lebedevs, Madsen, Woryna, Thomsen and Piotr Pawlicki are already in the SEC finals in 2025. No other GP riders can enter but no reason why Woffinden and anyone else can’t enter the qualifiers and qualify through the SEC Challenge final.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Laguta and Emil cannot be in it. Lebedevs, Madsen, Woryna, Thomsen and Piotr Pawlicki are already in the SEC finals in 2025. No other GP riders can enter but no reason why Woffinden and anyone else can’t enter the qualifiers and qualify through the SEC Challenge final.

What about Douglas or Tungate? Is there any reason they shouldn't enter?

[A serious question given Fricke's wildcard]

33 minutes ago, arnieg said:

What about Douglas or Tungate? Is there any reason they shouldn't enter?

[A serious question given Fricke's wildcard]

Stupid as it seems i think there is a world of difference between a one off home track wildcard and being allowed in the qualifiers or also getting a wildcard for the rounds of the finals. 

2 hours ago, longmeadow said:

Laguta racing fan will probably be absent today as his beloved wroclaw lost in the extraliga final last night to lublin. For those who dont know laguta rides for wroclaw and zmarlik for lublin lol

Two nil to BZ when they met I believe !

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Stupid as it seems i think there is a world of difference between a one off home track wildcard and being allowed in the qualifiers or also getting a wildcard for the rounds of the finals. 

So one off round wildcards for Emil and Artem then 😆

I think their is a good case for the FIM to have 3 or 4 picks bearing in mind injuries that occur over the season but I see no good reason why every rider shouldn’t at least go through the qualifiers for the GP challenge, if they have a good season and make the top 6 on merit then they are withdrawn from the challenge and reserves are promoted up accordingly.

I can understand the hosting federations wanting their own riders in a particular GP but why the whole series.