British Speedway Forum

2025 GP line up/wildcards

I’ve just been called by a usually reliable source who has said Laguta and Sayfutdinov both said it would be unfair for them to be seeded back into the GPs so they are looking to get a slot in the GP Challenge qualifiers. 
Meanwhile, WBD contacted Hancock to see if he would consider a return as they need a USA representative. He declined but suggested another American. 
So the wildcards will be Blodorn (because they want a German) Tai because of the Monster connection, Berge because of the French Eurosport connection and Manzares. 
But, like LagutaRacingFan, I might have just been listening to the voices in my head. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

What’s with the Doyle love in? He’s the second most annoying thing at GPs. Only beaten by the wally in the headset. I wonder what they have in common?….

most sensible people recognise that hes good enough to be included in what should be the best fifteen riders in the world

its not a popularity contest

Let’s say Doyle didn’t make another semi final which was unlikely given his form at the time of unjury and only got 8points from the remaining GPs he would of still made the top 6 on 111 points, I think that should guarantee his wild card spot, same goes for Michellesen and the other 2 are laguta and sayfutinov, only really madsen who could feel hard done too, woffy shouldn’t even get a sniff, his GP form this year from 6rounds were dreadful  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Why is it a weird take? He’s dangerous on the track, doesn’t have a chance to win the world champs realistically so don’t understand the clamour. 

8 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Neither do any of the other 14 to be fair - maybe they shouldn't bother.

Brilliant answer by @Bojangles, made me laugh & pretty much happens to be true

• Like 1

What if there were guidelines for the reserve rider selections? Basing it off achievements rather than age / nationality / sponsor etc.

For example reserve riders would be:

highest Extraliga average (Laguta / Kolodziej)

next in line from qualifiers (Thorsell)

next in line in GPs (Huckenbeck)

Top scorer in SON (Huckenbeck)

SGP2 winner (Przyjemski)

next in line from SEC (Woryna)

Obviously Huckenbeck, wasn't the top scorer in the SON, but everyone above him is already in the GPs.

Edited by szkocjasid

19 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Let’s say Doyle didn’t make another semi final which was unlikely given his form at the time of unjury and only got 8points from the remaining GPs he would of still made the top 6 on 111 points, I think that should guarantee his wild card spot, same goes for Michellesen and the other 2 are laguta and sayfutinov, only really madsen who could feel hard done too, woffy shouldn’t even get a sniff, his GP form this year from 6rounds were dreadful  

Perfectly sensible.  Will it happen? 🫣

Idiots on here saying Doyle shouldn’t be in lol 

Won a round and cane second in another before injury 

Then I read some moron saying he isn’t likely to be world champion!!! As statements go that’s pretty hilarious as I would say the only only likely world champions this season would be the top 5 from this season 

Does that clown think Fricke Kurtz Thomsen Kubera have more chance then Doyle lol ….. I certainly don’t think Doyle will win it but with no Emil or Laguta is he in the top 15 in the world …. Yes quite easily 

• Kai Huckenbeck
  • Jan Kvech
  • Mikkel Michelsen
  • Jason Doyle

Those are your 4 wild cards. Official announcement is tomorrow.

The FIM wanted to nominate Emil and Artem, but this was blocked by the PZM. Emil and Artem would have to ride under the Polish flag as FIM rules do not allow neutral athletes.

Speedway fans need to boycott the GP series. I would love to see the GP section of this forum closed down. That would send a strong message to the FIM.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:
  • Kai Huckenbeck
  • Jan Kvech
  • Mikkel Michelsen
  • Jason Doyle

The FIM wanted to nominate Emil and Artem, but this was blocked by the PZM. Emil and Artem would have to ride under the Polish flag as FIM rules do not allow neutral athletes.

Speedway fans need to boycott the GP series. I would love to see the GP section of this forum closed down. That would send a strong message to the FIM.

Someone needs to send a strong message to you.🤡

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:
  • Kai Huckenbeck
  • Jan Kvech
  • Mikkel Michelsen
  • Jason Doyle

Love you, Gumbo......😀

There's a real possibility that next years SGP series could have the greatest line up we've seen so far (in its current guise)......... I wish there were 5 WC choices available ha...... but will 'politics' play a part?

Disclosure, my ideal choices would be Doyle, Michelsen, Laguta, Sayfutdinov...... 

However, that would only put 2 official Poles in the series..... would Poland accept that? 

Does Thomsen getting in, mean only 1 of Michelsen / Madsen get in?

Does the fact there are 3 Aussies in, mean Doyle may not get in?

Will there be a German / Czech (or both?) be put in for appeasement? 

I hope my 4 get in (and I wouldn't cry too much if Madsen got in over Michelsen)....... But I fear 'people pleasing' will stop this......

Cheers all

2 hours ago, JC71 said:

Love you, Gumbo......😀

There's a real possibility that next years SGP series could have the greatest line up we've seen so far (in its current guise)......... I wish there were 5 WC choices available ha...... but will 'politics' play a part?

Disclosure, my ideal choices would be Doyle, Michelsen, Laguta, Sayfutdinov...... 

However, that would only put 2 official Poles in the series..... would Poland accept that? 

Does Thomsen getting in, mean only 1 of Michelsen / Madsen get in?

Does the fact there are 3 Aussies in, mean Doyle may not get in?

Will there be a German / Czech (or both?) be put in for appeasement? 

I hope my 4 get in (and I wouldn't cry too much if Madsen got in over Michelsen)....... But I fear 'people pleasing' will stop this......

Cheers all

To be polite as I can, who cares what Poland think? They already agreed to host next year's GPs, so what if they only have 2 full time riders?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

To be polite as I can, who cares what Poland think? They already agreed to host next year's GPs, so what if they only have 2 full time riders?

0h I won't argue with you, I think you're correct...... but 'politics' ...... 

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

There have been many situations where Poland has gotten what they want & others have had to back down. But I don't think this is one of them.

Who would you like to see as wildcards, btw? .... I'm not trying to argue, just wondering.......... 

Edited by JC71