British Speedway Forum

2025 GP line up/wildcards

While I think the Russians should be allowed to compete under a neutral flag I can't see the FIM changing their mind.

1. Bartosz Zmarzlik
  2. Robert Lambert
  3. Fredrik Lindgren
  4. Martin Vaculik
  5. Dan Bewley
  6. Jack Holder
  7. Mikkel Michelsen (Wildcard)
  8. Dominik Kubera (Wildcard)
  9. Leon Madsen (Wildcard)
  10. Andzejs Lebedevs (Euro champ)
  11. Jason Doyle (Wildcard)

The Last 4 from the challenge, if Kubera qualifies from challenge and Fricke doesn't, Fricke will get his wildcard pick.

You're wrong about the Russians.

Eurosport have told the FIM that they are not happy with the viewing figures. The lack of title race has led to a sharp decline in viewership across Europe.

The FIM reached out to Emil & Artem a few weeks ago and an agreement has been reached.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Eurosport have told the FIM that they are not happy with the viewing figures. The lack of title race has led to a sharp decline in viewership across Europe.

The FIM reached out to Emil & Artem a few weeks ago and an agreement has been reached.

Source?

9 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Have you got some evidence to back up your claim?

Not an official calendar:
SGP 2025:
GP1.  Gorican
GP2.  Warsaw
GP3.  Prag
GP4.  Landshut
GP5.  Gorzow
GP6.  Cardiff
GP7.  Malilla 
GP8.  Riga
GP9.  Wroclaw
GP10. Vojens

SON 2025:
Torun

SGP CHALLANGE 2026:
Vojens

SGP2 2025:
GP1. Landshut
GP2. Wroclaw
GP3. Vojens

Edited by mixxxser44

1 hour ago, mixxxser44 said:

Not an official calendar:
SGP 2025:
GP1.  Gorican
GP2.  Warsaw
GP3.  Prag
GP4.  Landshut
GP5.  Gorzow
GP6.  Cardiff
GP7.  Malilla 
GP8.  Riga
GP9.  Wroclaw
GP10. Vojens

SON 2025:
Torun

SGP CHALLANGE 2026:
Vojens

SGP2 2025:
GP1. Landshut
GP2. Wroclaw
GP3. Vojens

Another rumour has

No Gorican( Landshut kick it off

Manchester in

and after Landshut it’s

Warsaw

Prague

Malilla

Manchester

Gorzow

Wroclaw

Cardiff

Riga

Vojens

Edited by racers and royals

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Another rumour has

No Gorican( Landshut kick it off

Manchester in

and after Landshut it’s

Warsaw

Prague

Malilla

Manchester

Gorzow

Wroclaw

Cardiff

Riga

Vojens

I would be surprised if they went to Manchester and Cardiff, probably wouldn't make financial sense. 

15 hours ago, eric i said:

While I think the Russians should be allowed to compete under a neutral flag I can't see the FIM changing their mind.

1. Bartosz Zmarzlik
  2. Robert Lambert
  3. Fredrik Lindgren
  4. Martin Vaculik
  5. Dan Bewley
  6. Jack Holder
  7. Mikkel Michelsen (Wildcard)
  8. Dominik Kubera (Wildcard)
  9. Leon Madsen (Wildcard)
  10. Andzejs Lebedevs (Euro champ)
  11. Jason Doyle (Wildcard)

The Last 4 from the challenge, if Kubera qualifies from challenge and Fricke doesn't, Fricke will get his wildcard pick.

Don't want to see Madsen anywhere near the series in 25, he's done at this level now. I'd prefer youth brought in.

I'd like to see a mix up next year, bring in some kids.

SGP Top 6

Challenge top 4

SGP2 Top 3

Wildcards 2

55 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

What !! This is the World Championship not some benevolent  society.

It's turning in to a benevolent society when grandad rider's with no chance of title challenges keep getting wildcard picks. Why not give youth an opportunity to build up their standards rather than constantly declining the standard.

There has to be a way of bringing youth through & the GP Challenge is flawed in that the qualification standard & tracks used are poor.

I absolutely believe the best rider's should be in the SGP, absolutely, but rider's like Woffinden, Madsen & Doyle need leaving out to further develop the series & find challengers to Zmarzlik. 

38 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's turning in to a benevolent society when grandad rider's with no chance of title challenges keep getting wildcard picks. Why not give youth an opportunity to build up their standards rather than constantly declining the standard.

There has to be a way of bringing youth through & the GP Challenge is flawed in that the qualification standard & tracks used are poor.

I absolutely believe the best rider's should be in the SGP, absolutely, but rider's like Woffinden, Madsen & Doyle need leaving out to further develop the series & find challengers to Zmarzlik. 

There are only two realistic challengers to Zmarzlik, and neither are in it...

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I absolutely believe the best rider's should be in the SGP,

And you propose a system that would have given Tomas Suchanek and David Kuwaja GP places!

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't want to see Madsen anywhere near the series in 25, he's done at this level now. I'd prefer youth brought in.

I'd like to see a mix up next year, bring in some kids.

SGP Top 6

Challenge top 4

SGP2 Top 3

Wildcards 2

Not likely. You have omitted European Champion for a start. An argument for SGP2 winner could possibly be made. That would leave 3 wildcards, most likely 7th. and 8th. from previous year and one worthy pick. Personally I would prefer a regular field of 16, not 15, no one-off wildcards for each venue. That way I you have 4 permanent wildcards.  

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I absolutely believe the best rider's should be in the SGP, absolutely, but rider's like Woffinden, Madsen & Doyle need leaving out

So why contradict yourself? If you want the "best", then Doyle certainly should be there. Or was that just a fluke the way he started the season?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

So why contradict yourself? If you want the "best", then Doyle certainly should be there. Or was that just a fluke the way he started the season?

At the time of his injury, Doyle was third with 47 points, only just behind Holder on 48 and Zmarzlik on 50. If you rule Doyle out, I guess that means ruling out everyone else below him. So 13 new riders needed. 

54 minutes ago, norbold said:

At the time of his injury, Doyle was third with 47 points, only just behind Holder on 48 and Zmarzlik on 50. If you rule Doyle out, I guess that means ruling out everyone else below him. So 13 new riders needed. 

Doyle absolutely. If, and a big if, Emil and Artem come back, that leaves 1. Has to be Michelson surely.