British Speedway Forum

SGP 2025 Petition: Wildcards for Emil Sayfutdinov & Artem Laguta

We all know it is not easy to persuade the FIM members, still we started this Facebook group 2 days ago and have already around 800 members. Dear Speedway-Supporters, please help to spread this message and join us. Thank you very much for your interest.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/952441066646798

emil-sayfutdinov-ipswich-witches-artem-laguta-kings-lynn-stars-russian-speedway-riders-riding-in-the-uk-in-2023-2RFPXJM.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Navigator1900 said:

We all know it is not easy to persuade the FIM members, still we started this Facebook group 2 days ago and have already around 800 members. Dear Speedway-Supporters, please help to spread this message and join us. Thank you very much for your interest.

emil-sayfutdinov-ipswich-witches-artem-laguta-kings-lynn-stars-russian-speedway-riders-riding-in-the-uk-in-2023-2RFPXJM.jpg

Simon Wigg took in 1994 a Dutch licence, details to find in his book. What about Armando Castagna, which year for which reasons? Can anybody help me?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2024 at 8:38 PM, Navigator1900 said:

Why not start a petition to have Russia withdraw from Ukraine?  You'd have as much hope of success, but at least an ethical reason for organising it..... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, eric i said:

I don't understand why they can't ride under a neutral flag, why do the rules prevent this? Why can't the FIM just change the rules?

Because the circumstance leading to the FIM introducing the rule (the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine) is still in situ. 

4 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Because the circumstance leading to the FIM introducing the rule (the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine) is still in situ. 

Was the rule introduced after the invasion?

It dosen't really make sence that the FIM are happy for the riders to ride under a Polish flag but not a neutral one.

41 minutes ago, eric i said:

Was the rule introduced after the invasion?

It dosen't really make sence that the FIM are happy for the riders to ride under a Polish flag but not a neutral one.

Yes the ban was introduced after the invasion. 
To compete in race events,All motorcycle racers (not just speedway) have to be in possession of an appropriate license issued by a national governing body affiliated to the FIM. As such there is no “neutral” body in existence to issue licenses. The FIM are happy for the Russian born riders to compete under a license issued by PZM who in turn choose not to nominate/endorse the Russian born riders ahead of Polish born for inclusion in events associated with GP’s. 
Incidentally, The ban extends beyond riders to also include officials such as referees, machine examiners & suchlike. 

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Yes the ban was introduced after the invasion. 
To compete in race events,All motorcycle racers (not just speedway) have to be in possession of an appropriate license issued by a national governing body affiliated to the FIM. As such there is no “neutral” body in existence to issue licenses. The FIM are happy for the Russian born riders to compete under a license issued by PZM who in turn choose not to nominate/endorse the Russian born riders ahead of Polish born for inclusion in events associated with GP’s. 
Incidentally, The ban extends beyond riders to also include officials such as referees, machine examiners & suchlike. 

Don't the FIM allocate how many nominations/place go to each nation, give the places which would have gone to Russia (pre war) to Poland on the understanding they give them to Emil and Laguta. Discovery then agree with PZM not to show the Russian or Polish flag or play the national anthems for either rider.

8 hours ago, eric i said:

Don't the FIM allocate how many nominations/place go to each nation, give the places which would have gone to Russia (pre war) to Poland on the understanding they give them to Emil and Laguta. Discovery then agree with PZM not to show the Russian or Polish flag or play the national anthems for either rider.

There is not a hard allocation of riders per nation. Now the Gp’s are up and running the qualification process is established via previous season finish/Gp challenge & FIM nomination. The question people are asking this year is why the Russian born riders were not nominated.
And so the circular argument begins.

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

There is not a hard allocation of riders per nation. Now the Gp’s are up and running the qualification process is established via previous season finish/Gp challenge & FIM nomination. The question people are asking this year is why the Russian born riders were not nominated.
And so the circular argument begins.

I was talking about next years GP challenge qualification. 

On 10/12/2024 at 12:19 AM, eric i said:

I was talking about next years GP challenge qualification. 

Ah My apologies. 
however the situation would still remain because of at least two reasons.  
1.The PZM would not nominate Russian born Riders ahead of Polish born.
2. (More importantly)The FIM are highly unlikely to instigate any move designed to circumvent one of their own rules.